Eight.......No Screwing Around

I woke up at the sound of a groan. It wasn't mine and I realised Ansel must have woken up and would be groaning from his hangover.

I stood up from the couch, which was where I had slept for the night. After our moment yesterday, which I'm sure he won't remember, I left the room.

When I came back he was sleeping his hands apart and his legs apart. The position someone would take when they would want to make a snow angel.

So I decided to just stay on the couch and wait maybe he would change his position and there would be enough space for me, but he didn't so I slept off.

I went to him as he was rubbing his forehead. I picked up the glass of water and the Advil tablet to give him.

He looked at me before taking it.
"Thank you.", he said. He wanted to say something but was cut off with a sneeze.

I touched his neck, it was hot.
"I guess you're coming up with a fever. I'm coming.", I said and went to the bathroom. I put warm water in a bowl and then soaked a cloth in it.

I went and sat on a stool beside the bed. I wrung the water from the cloth and placed it on his head, then with a gentle shove from me, he laid down.

I took the bowl and wanted to leave when his hand held my wrist. I felt some tingles in the area.

I looked down at our point of contact and he pulled away.
"Riley. I'm sorry, I...."

"Is that why you got drunk, to tell me you're sorry? What were you even thinking when you were drinking.", I scolded and his eyes lowered.

"What if Jamie wasn't there and you ended up sleeping somewhere in the street, were you even thinking about what would happen if the press had found you in such a state."

"You have a mini bar in your house Ansel for God's sake, use it. What if someone had taken advantage of the fact that you were drunk, what if someone had kidnapped you.", I said my tone higher and took a deep breath.

Then in a lower voice, "You know, CJ looks up to you. She called you responsible, what would she have thought if she had seen you yesterday.", I said.

"I was worried sick yesterday for you.", I said and he looked up, his eyes wide in shock

"Yes. I was. I'm a bitch, but bitches have feelings you know, we get worried.", I said and his eyes lowered. I took a deep breath to calm down.

"You should go have a bath. I'll tell CJ to prepare soup for you.", I said and left without casting him one glance.

It was afternoon and Ansel was now sleeping. I had checked his temperature and it had gone down.

"Hello.", I heard Paloma's voice over the phone. I was calling her intending to tell her why I won't be coming to work today.

"Hey. Where are you, are you coming today or should I cover for you.", she said.
"Yeah, I won't be coming today.", I said.

I was thinking of what to tell her to tell Martina.
"Why anything wrong?", she asked.

"Ansel is sick so I decided to stay and help him.", I said.
"Oh, I'll tell Martina that, I'm sure she'll understand.", she said.

"Thank you, I appreciate.", I said.
"Okay, bye."
"Yeah bye.", I said and she hung up.

I wanted to head to the living room when my phone rang. Thinking it was Paloma, I answered without checking the ID caller.