Four.......Theresa Colson

Flashback........Riley's POV

I had just finished preparing breakfast, but before doing so I had run a bath for my dad and then told him when it was ready. But he didn't use it, instead, he told Theresa to use it which angered me.

There were a lot of things that he would do that would anger me, and they would all have Theresa in the middle of it somehow. But I particularly hated when I would do something for him and it would benefit Theresa.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't know Theresa all too well, and whatever I don't know, I don't hate or fear. But something about her just doesn't settle with me.

I decided to check up on my dad and tell him that breakfast was ready. I went upstairs, but as I passed Daphne's room, I heard someone talking in a hushed tone.

Me being me, I went back and peeked through the space that was between the slightly ajar door and the door frame and I saw Theresa, her back was turned to me so she couldn't see me.

She was on the phone, but she was loud enough for me to hear.
"Yes, I know what to do, you don't have to be calling me every time........Hey, I decided to marry him because of you so don't come telling me what to do, 'cause I know."

"I am going to clear his account.", she continued. "And take all the money I can.....fine, fine all the money that's there so stop calling before someone starts suspecting me.", she said and hung up.

Anger consumed me and I entered and slammed the door shut. She turned to look at me shock evident on her face.

"You...you..bitch!!", I shouted, not caring whether anyone heard my foul choice of words.

"You lied to my dad, you lied that you loved him when all you are is a gold digger!!"
"R..Riley what are you talking about I..."

"Don't just think of denying it 'cause I heard your whole conversation and I know it was my dad you were talking about, about clearing his account. I swear he's gonna know about this.", I said and stormed off to his room as she called me back.

I entered and the room was empty, I didn't hear any sound so he wasn't in the shower. He wasn't here.

I quickly ran downstairs and as I entered the kitchen I saw Theresa sitting with him standing by her side, rubbing her shoulder. She looked at me.

She was crying!!!

I immediately knew she would have told him something else. I met my dad's cold stare with mine as he left her and headed towards me.

"Dad don't believe anything she has......"
Before I could finish, he slapped me. The feeling was strange to me as my vision blurred with tears.

I looked at him with a hand on my now numb cheek.
"How dare you use such words, how dare you call her something like that, in my house? Who taught you such!!", he shouted.

"Huh? Who did? She is helping you, willing to be a mother for you and all you do is insult her till the extent she starts crying.", he said.

"Dad what's wrong?", I heard Caleb ask behind me.
"Yeah mum what happened? ", Daphne asked.

"What happened was that your sister here insulted and made Theresa feel bad. Someone who is just being a mother to her.", my dad said and I looked at Theresa with the hardest glare I could, the tear threatening to drop any second.

"That's the thing, she would never be a mother, no matter how she tries. She will never be.", I shouted and as the tear dropped I wiped it off.

"My real mum is dead and no one can ever replace her, not especially you, Theresa.", I spat and I ran towards the door pushing past Caleb and Daphne.