Thirty.......Thanksgiving And Christmas

I couldn't stop smiling. Last night had been blissful. Ansel was so gentle with me since it was my first time and he didn't make me feel bad about it. We both weren't sure so we used protection.

I was staring at him when his eyes fluttered open.
"I guess I'm not the only one who stares at someone who's sleeping.", he said and my smile grew.

He leaned forward and planted a kiss on my forehead. "Good morning.", he said then pulled apart to wear his boxers.

"You've been smiling ever since.", he said.
"I know.", I said sitting up and pulling the sheets to cover my bareness.
"You know you surprised me yesterday.", he started.

"How?"
"I didn't know you were that...", he paused. "Agile.", he said and I gasped before throwing the pillow at him. He dodged it and started laughing. Then he went into the bathroom.

Later on, after breakfast he went to the study and I was working on a project when my phone rang. I checked the ID caller. Allister. At the same time, I saw a project I had titled K. McGery.

Oh, that's where I knew the name from. Maybe he was related to Allister. I decided to pick up the call and ask Allister about it.

"Hey, Allister. I gave you my number more than a month ago and you just call me now.", I started.
"What can I say life has been harsh to me.", he said but he sounded light.

"What happened?", I asked genuinely concerned.
"I was in a slight accident.", he said and explained what had happened. He just got out of the hospital. We chatted for a while before I decided to ask him.

"Do you have a brother?",  I asked and he was quiet for a while.
"Why do you ask?", he asked instead.

"Well there was a time, I met this guy, he had your surname and his name was Kane.", I said.
"Kane?"
"Yes.", I replied.

"First, I do have a brother, my only brother but he abandoned my family and I don't even know if he's still alive. Second, my brother's name isn't Kane so, you've met someone I don't know."

"Oh. Okay.", I said. We chatted for a while before he hung up and having done my projects I decided to start up something for this Kane guy. But I didn't even know the kind of house.

I searched for the business card and decided to give him a call.
"Hey, Riley Winson.", he said. How did he know I was the one calling?
"Hello, Mr McGery and how did you know it's Riley speaking?", I asked and he was silent for a while.

"Obviously, you know I was kinda stalking you so yeah, I had saved your number.", he said and my eyebrows shot up.

"Then you should have just called me instead.", I said.
"Oh no. That would have been rude.", he said.
"Considering all the things you've done, that is the least that would be rude.", I said.

"I'm sorry.", he apologized.
"Anyways. I want to talk about the project. You asked me to design a house without telling me what kind. Plus, we also need to talk about the terms of payment."? I said and Ansel walked into the room.

"Oh yes. Why not meet somewhere? You can decide the place and time.", he said.
"Oh, okay. Five thirty pm tomorrow, at Starbucks near my office.", I said. "Which you already know.", I added.
"Fine, that's great. I'll see you tomorrow.", he said and I hung up.

"Who was that?", Ansel asked.
"A client.", I said.
"I thought you didn't work on weekends.", he said looking at me.

"Yeah. I was just discussing some stuff.", I said.
"Okay. Anyways, you know the year's ending.", he said.
"Oh. Yeah."
"So I was thinking we spend Thanksgiving with my family and Christmas with yours.", I said.