Twenty-Seven.......Sister-in-law

Flashback.......Riley's POV

I arrived at work and went straight to my desk. I had a new project that I was the only one working on. Paloma and Parker had been given new projects with new partners.

Apparently, Paloma had complained to Martina.
"Hey there.", I heard and turned to see Parker.
"Oh Parker, how are you and how's your new project?", I asked.

"It's fine.", he shrugged. "Though I wish you guys were still my partners.", he said.
"You guys? I thought you now disliked Paloma?", I asked.

"Dislike? I could never. She means so much to me but I guess she thinks the opposite.", he said and I saw the sadness in his eyes.
"Wanna talk about it?", I asked

"Nah. I'm cool. Thanks though.", he said and took a seat at his desk beside me. "Anyways how are you? You look quite dull and I'm sure you would wanna talk about it.", he said and I smiled weakly.

"It's just my sister-in-law. The one I told you about.", I said. I had once discussed Angel's behaviour towards me with Parker and Paloma. So they knew how my relationship with her was.

"Oh you mean, Angel. What did she do now?", he asked sounding concerned.
"Last night was her sister's engagement ceremony and I went. I didn't see her until later and when she greeted me she poured her wine all over my white dress.", I said and he made a sour face, but he looked so funny that I laughed.

"Then she said mean stuff about me. Me being me, naturally, I won't have bothered, but the fact that she said it in front of so many people was what embarrassed me. And to top it off my heel broke while I was running away. It was as if the universe was just against me.", I said.

"Yesterday must have been pretty bad for you. Sorry though, but you already know that's how she is, she will just keep upgrading. Honestly, if I were you, I would stand up to her one day and tell her you really love her brother and she should deal with it.", he said.

I would say that, but the reason why I married him still stands and it's still a terrible one and she could always use that to her advantage.

Present Day

It had been two days since I went to Blaire's family diner. She and Parker seemed closer and Paloma looked miserable but she did a good job hiding it.

I hadn't asked Parker if he had thought about what I said but we were still on good terms. I also had in mind when to tell Paloma. She seemed so sad I almost forgot she was in the wrong.

She didn't know of my time at the diner, so she still talked to me and I carefully avoided anything involving Parker or Blaire.

I had now arrived home. Ansel had texted me to be home ASAP. I was stuck in traffic so I arrived later than usual. I got down and it was until I entered that I heard Natalie's voice.

"Riley! Finally, you're home.", Ansel said.
"Yeah, I was stuck in traffic.", I said and when he came closer he pecked me.

"She's in the dining room, along with Angel.", he said.
"She's here?"
"Yeah, my mum was the one who forced her to. C'mon.", he said and we went.

I greeted Natalie and she seemed very warm, as usual. Angel, on the other hand, didn't utter a word to me.

"Angel, aren't you going to greet your sister-in-law.", Natalie said pointedly. Angel looked at me with a cold look.
"Oh, hi.", she said.