Seventeen....... Trust

The next day was the party but I honestly didn't feel like going. Sadly, I had to be present, the three of us had to be there. I went to tidy up, but Ansel wasn't in the room. I guess he was angry with me.

I had to tell him I was going out so he won't have to worry about me. Once I got downstairs I served myself some breakfast. Cj was sick.

I settled on a long wine dress. The upper part was fitted but the lower part was flair. I wore a silver heel and matched it with a silver purse. I tied my hair up in a tight bun and left.

When I got down I went off and drove out. Soon, I arrived at the party. It was a small event hall that was being launched. Now looking at the place I was impressed.

The launch ceremony went well and soon we were announced as the interior designers. Parker gave a speech. We three decided that he should, Paloma was terrible at public speaking. I wasn't good at talking for long, and that made him the most suitable candidate.

The party was going well. It was nice and I got to know some people who wanted to design their places, new clients for me then.

I was talking with Parker when I caught sight of someone, Daphne. Did she know someone here? She was flirting with some man I didn't know, typical.

I walked up to her when I noticed the man was not falling for whatever she was telling him.

She saw me but she didn't look surprised.
"Daphne nice to see you.", I said and the man left immediately as she wanted to introduce him.

"Riley, how lovely it is for me to see you.", she said sarcasm dripping off every word.
"Did you know I was here?", I asked.
"What, did you think you were the only one who knew rich people.", she said and I sighed.

"You know that's not what I meant.", I said.
She hesitated, "Why should I even tell you, I'm sure you were gonna reprimand me for flirting with that man.".

How did she know that?
"I know you Riley.", she said.
"Okay did I just say that out loud?", I asked.

"I have known you for a long time, I know how you react to things and how you don't. I have also known you've hated Derrick, my mum and me.", she said.

"Daphne I am sorry for all I have done and I want to make it up to you.", I said.
"You, want to make things up with the three people you've hated for like more than sixteen years now.", she said incredulously.

"Okay, how about we hang out some time at my place tomorrow, you can invite...."
"Oh no, I am not going back to your house.", she said and collected another glass of wine from the tray a waiter held.

"Daphne I know I was very mean to you and I know I have been nothing like a sister, but I'm serious now. I have realised the chance I have been missing out on and now I want to get it back while I still can.", I said.

Before she could reply, Paloma came.
"Sorry to interrupt.", she said to Daphne who nodded and sipped from her wine. "Riley we're about to go.", she said.

We all came to the office first then came to this place together. Now we all had to go back to the office first before heading to our houses.
"Fine I'm coming.", I said and she left. I looked at Daphne for her reply.
"First of all, apology accepted.", she said and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Though I can't come. I'm travelling tomorrow and Derrick's back at school.", she paused. "Riley, if you really want to make things right, meet my mum. I feel she's the person you need to make things right with the most.", she ended.

"Thank you.", I said and she nodded before I left.

I got home, very late. It was almost midnight. When we got to the office, we had a little celebration, but I guess I lost track of time. Normally, I would have stayed at Paloma's, but I had to come home.
I had forgotten to tell Ansel where I went. I just hoped he was asleep by now. I drove in silently and got into the house silently.