Thirty-Three.......Brayden Hills

He stood up after I had seen him.

"Riley! You... you're still here.", he said gesturing for me to seat. I looked at the chair like it was a judge sentencing me to death because this was similar.

I had just met my boyfriend who left almost a year ago when I found out I was pregnant with my husband's child.

I sat and looked at him. He still looked the same. His bright blond hair seemed darker. He now had a little stumble signifying he probably hadn't shaved in a while. He even seemed to be wearing expensive clothes now.

"Did you think I would have gone by now?", I asked.
"Yeah. I mean you have a rich husband of course I thought you would have left by now.", he said.

"I thought you knew me better that I wouldn't be able to leave my dad.", I said.
"Oh yes, your dad.", he said with some underlying tone.

"You seem comfortable.", I said.
"And I can say the same for you.", he said and cracked a smile. "I'm glad you're happy.", he added.

"Are you?", I asked. "Did you ever want me happy?", I asked and he looked at me.

There was a tense silence.

"Why did you leave Brayden?", I asked, his name sounding somewhat foreign in my mouth.
"Why did I leave?", he asked back sounding in a way irritated which confused me.

"Yes, why did you leave? I wasn't the one who left.", I said.
"But you wanted me gone.", he said and I furrowed my brows in confusion.
"Excuse me?", I asked genuinely confused.

"What do you mean excuse me, you were the one who had discussed it with Ansel.", he said and I looked even more confused.

What was he talking about?

Flashback..........Brayden's POV

I sat there staring at a picture I had taken of her. She was dressed casually and her hair was caught in the wind behind her, making her look like a cool character in an action movie.

We had gone to the amusement park that day. We just wanted a day out to celebrate her finishing college. She now had a job and I was proud of her.

Nothing else could have made me happier than her accepting my marriage proposal and I knew she would.

Riley. The girl I fell in love with in high school and I've always been in love with.

And now I was gonna lose her. I didn't know what I was doing any longer and then the cafe bell jingled and I looked up to see him, Ansel Winson.

The rich man who now wanted to marry Riley. The fact pissed me off so much. He barely knew her and he already claimed to be in love with her. Did he even know what love was?

Behind him was Mr Colson, Riley's dad. See the thing was, Riley's dad was broke and they needed money to cover up their debts. Theresa, her step mum, had introduced the idea of getting Riley married.

And now they had settled things but they had just one problem. Me, the Boyfriend. I didn't know what it was they wanted to talk about, but I sure hell knew it was about Riley.

They sat down across from me.

"I'm Ansel Winson.", he introduced with a hand stretched forward.
"I very much know who you are.", I said calmly with my arms folded, unwilling to shake

He looked at Mr Colson who cleared his throat.
"Brayden. You... you have been a lot of things to me and you have helped my daughter so much. That I'm very grateful for.", he started.