Ten.......A Day With May

Flashback........ Riley's POV

I was in a bar bawling my eyes out. I was drinking and crying. May was right beside me. At first, she had tried to stop me from drinking too much but I threatened to never speak to her again. Whatever made her believe me, I don't know but she didn't try to stop me again.

"I can't believe this. I just can't.", I cried.
"Riles you've said that so many times now. Let's just go back home so you can rest."
"No! I don't want to. It'll just be a reminder of the failure that I am.", I said and continued drinking but then cried some more.

"If I go back...I'll die. I couldn't even stop Theresa from ruining my dad. No wonder Brayden has left me." I cried. The bar wasn't all that filled up so I could cry as much as I wanted.
"That is not the reason why Brayden left.", she said and I turned sharply to look at her.

"Do you know why?" I asked sounding hopeful and her face fell.
"No, but...."
"But what, even you? Please don't try to comfort me 'cause I don't think it'll work.", I said.

"Hey!!!", we heard and turned to see a very buff man some bar stools away.
"What's your problem!!!", he shouted.
"You're not the one dealing with a breakup!!!", I yelled back.
"Well, that's life. Deal with it!!!", he yelled and left and I put my head on the table, I was feeling sick.

"Look Riles, there's a lot you can look forward to. Ansel has..."
"That cheap bastard.", I interrupted her. "I'm sure he's the reason why Brayden left me.", I said and I immediately became angry. "I swear if I see that man."

"You're gonna get married to him.", May said.
"I swear I'm gonna get him and punch his balls out.", I said attempting to stand but ended up stumbling only to be supported by May, who sat me down.

"I want another round!" I said
"No. She does not mean that. Here bring my change.", May said dropping some cash.
"Girl, your life is pretty f**ked up.", the female bartender said as she handed May her money.
"Thank you.", May said to her. "C'mon let's go.", she said, helping me stand.

Present Day

We arrived home late. We entered the room and Ansel started playing music with the mini home theatre in our room. It was a slow song, calming and not so loud.

"Ansel, it was pretty wise of you to tell Cj not to make dinner, I mean look at the time."
"Cj?", he asked sounding confused.

"Oh that's what I call her.", I said simply as I sat on the bed and took off my heels.
"Really. You guys seem pretty close to each other.", he said sounding like it was too good to be true.

"Why'd you say it like that?"
"How?", he asked as he started taking off his shoes. I glanced around and caught sight of his medicine.

"You know.", I started. "You're not through with your dosage.", I said and he looked at me.
"Darn, it! How'd you remember?", he asked and I chuckled as I nodded to the tray of medicines. He was confused.

"Cj must've put it there.", I said.
"Aye! Me curse that her caring nature.", he said mocking a pirate tone and I laughed.

"Okay enough now go take it.", I said and I heard him mutter some curses. He really hated them. "You're a grown man you don't expect me to persuade you.", I said bringing up his phrase from this morning and he smiled.
"Nice one okay.", he said.