Volume 4 (A much needed talk)

In the night around a campfire, Qrow told them about the story of the Maidens and the real origin of Arion. He took a drink from his flask and had a bandage around his abdomen, while Arion mashed herbs in a wood mortar. He had bandages on the arm and had already closed the stab in his side with healing spells. Great... the herbs reach for one person. I should had pleased the Elder for more herbs. He then took the mashed herbs in a small pot filled with water, resin, ash, artichoke leaves and milk thistle (Help against poison) and putted it over the fire.

Qrow:  Really? No questions?

Jaune: Of course we have questions. This is just... a lot to take in.

Qrow: Sure, of course.

Ruby: So these... maidens... They're powerful fighters that don't need Dust to use magic.

Qrow: Yeah.

Arion: And I am from the past? Remnant was Thedas before and the magic got totally lost?

Qrow: Yeah. Sorry for you. You are the last and only elf in this time. 

Nora: And the Maidens? There are four of them?

Qrow: Yup. Always.

Ren: Which means that, whenever one of them dies, the power transfers to someone- a female- that they care about?

Qrow: Whoever was in their thoughts last. Important distinction. Best option, it's someone we can trust. Regadless, their souls become combined, in a way. 

Jaune: And that's what you were trying to do to Pyrrha. The night the tower fell. You were trying to turn her into one of them. 

Qrow: The previous Fall Maiden, Amber, had been attacked. She was young, inexperienced. And her assailant, who we now know as Cinder, somehow managed to steal some of her power, but not all of it. We were afraid that if we didn't do something, the rest would go to her as well.

Jaune: So you forced it on Pyrrha. 

Qrow: We didn't force anything. We explained the situation and gave her a choice, Arion even warned her that would change her life, and she chose. You were there, you heard her. He had then the task to train her magic. Fen'Heral made the deal long time ago to send someone in the future. *Jaune then stood up and leaved the group*

Ruby: Why was he after me and Arion?

Qrow: *sighed* Well, you definietly painted a target on your back with what you did at Beacon. I told you silver eyes is a rare trait. So that was the white light. *Arion watched on his medicin, that was for real an antidote.* And the fact that you're someone that was able to use them seems to have some very powerful people. Not many people know about the silver eyes. But those that do aren't very happy that one has surfaced. Arion is an elf as you know. A deserted race with much knowledge of magic. The wolf once told Oz that he drank from an old relic of the ancient Elvhen with knowledge everyone would want to have it. That's why I've been keeping an eye on you two. In order to make sure you two were safe. *looked over to Jaune* All of you.

Ruby: Well, then, why not just travel with us? *Arion finished the antidote and filled it in a long phial and spelled a cast in it so the serum became red* It seems like that would've been way easier.

Jaune: He was using you as a bait.

Arion: Jaune, he had a reason to follow us. 

Qrow: Look, I wouldn't put it like that; it's complicated.

Jaune: *turned around* What is all of this? Ruby and Arion are being hunted, the schools are being attacked, all for what? What is the point of all this? Will you just tell us what's going on?!