Volume 7 (The Greatest Kingdom)

Manta airships patrolled the skies around the City of Atlas, kept in communication with each other over radio. As Maria Calavera piloted the group's stolen Manta toward the city, they received radio contact.

Atlas Air Traffic: Manta 5-1. Welcome home. Please continue your approach to Atlas docking bay Omega-12. A security team will meet you there. Over.

Ruby and the others aboard Manta 5-1 look around at the large military air fleet surrounding the kingdom's capital.

Arion: That doesn't look good...

Ruby: I don't understand. What's happening here?

Qrow: I don't know.

Jaune: But we are here. We got the lamp to Atlas, so I guess we land and get some answers.

Weiss: I'm not so sure. I've never seen our forces deployed so aggressively before. If we land in a stolen ship, there's no way the security team will let us anywhere near Ironwood. They might even take me back to my father.

Arion: Or lock me up for my "safety". Sorry, don't believe one word.

Blake gained a saddened look, while Ruby and Yang looked at each other, uncertain of what to do.

Blake: So...

Weiss, having gotten an idea, suddenly looked up.

Weiss: Winter!

Weiss brought out her Scroll.

Weiss: *to Maria* Put some distance between us and the fleet.

Maria: You don't have to tell me twice.

As Weiss walked to the back of the ship, Maria steered the ship toward Mantle. As people wandered the streets of Mantle, the group looked over the city through the Manta's windows. They fly past a giant screen on the side of a skyscraper. Ironwood's voice camed from the screen, catching Ruby and Yang's attention.

Ironwood: ...cannot express our appreciation enough. Many describe these as uncertain times, and while that may be the case for the rest of the world, I can tell you what is certain. The Kingdom of Atlas will remain strong, and it will remain safe. That is my promise.

Ruby and Yang looked saddened.

Yang: General Ironwood. He looks...

Ruby: Tired.

Qrow: James, what have you been doing?

Arion: We'll find out when we meet him. It became here for sure worse than it was before. Right, Weiss? *Weiss nods*

Weiss kept staring down from the window with a sad look on her face. Her sister Winter wasn't answering, which made her nervous.

Weiss: This isn't right. None of this is right.

Once again, the stolen Manta received contact over the radio.

Atlas Air Traffic: Manta 5-1, we've noticed a detour in your route. You are to make your way to docking bay Omega 12 immediately. Do you copy? Over.

Maria: We're kind of running out of time here, kids.

Yang: We need to ditch the ship.

Arion: Yeah, great. And where? The people down there don't look very friendly to help us.

Qrow: Agreed. Get lost in Mantle and buy ourselves some time.

Weiss: I'm telling you, my sister can take us to Ironwood.