Volume 6 (The Grimm Reaper)

After Maria told her story that she was in her youth the Grimm Reaper and how she lost her eyes.

Maria: But I wasn't... I went into hiding soon after.

Qrow: (astounded) I can't believe it. You... You're the Grimm Reaper, you were a legend! And then you disappeared...

Oscar: How exactly does a legend just disappear?

Qrow: You never used your name, never showed your face. Lots of us thought you were just layin' low. Eventually, we just came to accept that you were probably dead. But the stories about you, I based my weapon off of yours. I wanted to be as good as the Grimm Reaper.

Maria: Well, I'm nothing but a disappointment, so you're well on your way.

Blake: How can you say that?

Maria: Child, a Huntress is supposed to protect others to the bitter end. But after I lost my eyes, I only ever looked after myself. Even after my surgery, I was too afraid to fight. Afraid someone would find me again, finish what the others started. You shouldn't aspire to be like me, especially when some of you are clearly stronger already.

Arion looks at Yang and then back.

Maria: It's... comforting, seeing that your generation seems up to the task of inheriting this world. I'm just sorry I didn't do more to leave it in better shape.

Arion: There's something you could do. You could teach Ruby how to use the power of her eyes.

Ruby: That's a good idea. Please, teach me to use my powers the way you did.

Maria smiles at Ruby. Suddenly Ruby's Scroll starts to ring. Ruby pulls her Scroll out and gasps in excitement.

Ruby: It's Jaune!

Yang stops her bike.

Everyone: Huh?

Weiss: How?

Ruby: (answering her Scroll) Uh, hello?

Jaune: (voiceover from the Scroll) Ruby! Oh, thank you! I've been checking my Scroll for your signal since we made it to the city!

Ruby: The city? Wait...

Ruby looks to her Scroll at the little signal symbol under Jaune's portrait, watching it get better as she points her Scroll toward the road ahead. The group sees a hill where the snow ends. Yang proceeds forward to drive them up the hill. At the top of the hill, the group sees a walled city in the distance along the ocean.

Yang: (smiling) Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived in Argus.

At the entrance to the city of Argus, Yang locks Bumblebee and the trailer in a garage. Team RWBY, Qrow, Oscar, Arion and Maria take the time to admire their surroundings. Through the crowd, Nora zooms in.

Nora: Cute! Boy! OZ!!! (points her finger to the group)

Oscar looks over in confusion, only to get tackle hugged by Nora.

Nora: Oh, come here!

Jaune and Ren also arrive.

Ren: Are you all okay? (hugs Yang)

Jaune: We were so worried! (hugs Blake)

Yang: It's been kind of a crazy trip.

Weiss: That's an understatement.

Blake: You should know the truth of Arion's tattoo.

Arion: What did I told you guys before? (smiles calm) You don't want end up as dragon snack, am I right?