Volume 6 (Lost)

in Argus at evening

Jaune: Oscar!

Arion: Oscar!

Jaune, Ren, Nora, Arion, and Saphron are walking down a sidewalk at night.

Nora: (calling out) Oscar?

Ren: This city's enormous, he could've gone anywhere.

Arion: How hard can it be to find a fourteen year old boy in farmers clothing? That mess wouldn't had happened if... (glares at Jaunes who looks away ashamed) I thought so.

Jaune: This is all my fault... I overreacted.

Saphron: I still don't really understand what happened. Was it about the mission?

Nora: It's... kind of hard to talk about.

Saphron: I know, I know, "top secret". Did he... do something wrong?

Jaune: No... he didn't. We just got some new information and... it's going to be a lot harder than we thought.

Saphron: I mean, if it was easy, then it wouldn't be important. Right?

Ren: I think we're all just a bit unsure of what to do next.

Saphron: You could... stay in Mistral, get your licenses at Haven, and come back to Argus. There's a lot of good you can do here. I know your mission is important, but it's not like you're the only ones who can do it. It's not the only mission that needs doing.

Jaune: It's... not that simple.

Saphron lingers a bit behind while Jaune, Ren, Arion and Nora walk forward, before turning around to look back at her.

Saphron: Well, uh... I should go pick up Adrian from daycare. I'll let Terra know what's happened, and we'll meet you later. Good luck.

The three Team JNPR members watch Saphron leave before looking down sadly while Arion just goes forward.

Arion: I still wonder how Ruby made it to pursuade me to go with them. Her puppy eyes will someday be my death. (stops when he sees what stands before him)

Two minutes earlier

Nora: What's wrong with him?

Jaune: Maybe he's still angry at me. I've deserved his punch from him. I mean maybe he's still frustrated that Remnant was Thedas before and his appearence here was already planned a very long time before.

The three are stopping.

Nora: Hey, there's a cafe over there. Why don't we get something to warm up?

Jaune: I'm okay. You two go on ahead.

Ren and Nora watch Jaune walk away with sad looks on their faces. Jaune takes a seat on a nearby bench.

Nora: You don't want anything?

She and Ren then exchange a brief glance.

Ren: We'll be right back.

Ren and Nora walk away, leaving Jaune alone. Jaune keeps his head down while the wind blows, and a dried maple leaf flies in in front of Jaune. He notices this and follows the maple leaf as it flies in the wind. Jaune follows the leaf into a nearby park. Suddenly, Jaune stops in his tracks and notices something. Not only that Arion stands before unmoved.

A statue of the late Pyrrha is standing solemnly on a stone pedestal, with her head down, eyes closed, and shield in her hands below her waist. Jaune slowly approaches the statue and looks up at his fallen friend and teammate. He then kneels down and notices a plaque with Pyrrha's respective symbol and words inscribed on it written: