Volume 6 (The coming storm)

A snow storm appears at Brunswick Farms, making visibility nigh difficult. A wind howling is heard.

Ruby: (sighs) I don't get it. The empty towns I've passed through were all damaged or unfinished. But this place looks... fine.

Team RWBY, Qrow, Arion, Oscar, and Maria arrive at the porch of a residence. Weiss is shivering as she wraps her arms around her to keep herself warm. Arion makes a fire ball near her to warm her up.

Weiss: Thanks. Maybe everyone left in a hurry. Before things took a turn?

Qrow tries to open the door, only to notice it was locked.

Qrow: Hmm. Stay on guard.

Qrow kicks the door open, everyone proceeds forward with their weapons drawn. They cautiously look around the place.

Maria: Close the door already! It's cold enough in here as it is.

Maria walks into the house. Afterwards, Blake and Oscar push a nearby drawer to block the door.

Blake: I saw a chimney from the outside. Maybe we could get a fire going?

Weiss: Please. I'll look for some blankets.

Qrow: Yang, go with her.

Ruby lingers by the entrance hall for the bit while the others look around. Oscar can be heard opening a door.

Oscar: Looks like a study. Or, a library?

Ruby walks forward to notice a group of pictures on the wall of the family that owns Brunswick Farms. Blake walks up next to her.

Blake: What do you think?

Ruby: Something doesn't feel right.

Blake: Let's look for some--

Suddenly, a high-pitched scream is heard.

Ruby: Weiss!

Arion: Yang!

Ruby, Arion and Blake head up the stairs and run into the room Yang and Weiss were in. Qrow also arrives. They look on the bed to see a pair of decomposing corpses...

Arion: We should checks the other buildings. It can't be that everyone died.

Qrow: I'll go with you. (turns to the girls) You all stay here. We'll come back soon.

They turn to leave.

Ruby: Arion. (he stops) If you want to talk about--

Arion: It's fine...

Qrow and Arion are outside and watch in the other houses if there are also corpses. In one house Arion sees dead bodys of children. He looks sadly away when he hears a screech. When Arion sees a small Nevermore flying to him, he wants to kill it but the Nevermore turns back into Elgar'nan.

Elgar'nan: So you are the last servant of the pitiful Mythal. I thought you were bigger. 

Arion: Let me guess: One of the false gods? Elgar'nan?

Elgar'nan: I pretend I've not heard it but you guess right about my name. As much as I want your knowledge of the Vir'abelasan, now is not the time. Aren't you more interested what Salem plans now?

Arion: From where should I know you speak the truth? It seems Salem freed you from your prison and became her pet. You could even lie so I'll become her slave.

Elgar'nan: (grabs him by the neck and lifts him up) Careful what you say. I'll tell it to you one time so listen. Salem's next target after Atlas will be Vacou to retrieve the relic of destruction and did you know that? The thief of the Fall Maiden power is alive.