06

Mark opened his eyes in shock when the train shook a little bit. The crowd around him had reduced. No one was standing up, all of them got a seat.

"At last."

Mark quickly lifted his head from Haechan's shoulder. So he had been dozing off while leaning on Haechan the whole time. The guy didn't seem angered with it, however.

They got back from the orphanage at half past six, and went to a small Japanese restaurant for dinner. Mark had called his mother, lied that he was out in a library, reading novels.

It was five minutes before they arrived in Seoul Station and parted ways. Mark was trying to collect his mind. The sleep was short, but pretty deep. He was tired, after all.

"Sorry." Mark muttered.

"I'm used to it." Haechan shrugged, "You used to do it."

Mark turned to Haechan. "Who exactly are we?"

"I'm Haechan and you are Mark Lee, the guy from Canada."

"You also know I'm half Canadian."

"Everyone does."

"Not everyone." Mark shook his head, "That girl in the orphanage, the one who sits behind the receptionist area. She knew me as well."

"Actually everyone there know who you are."

"How come?"

But the train stopped before Haechan could say anything. They got out, Mark kept on following Haechan, tugging on his sleeve so they wouldn't split up in the sea of people.

"Fancy a cup of coffee?" Haechan asked.

"If that means explanation then yes."

So they sat inside a coffee shop. Not an expensive one, just a usual one that served runny coffee instead of the real ones. Haechan settled with a cup of hot chocolate while Mark ordered a cup of plain black coffee. Just like when they left that morning, the station was packed with employees.

"You might not know this but your grandfather helped the church to build the orphanage." Haechan said straight to the point.

"Did he?" Mark remembered his grandpa from his mother's side. The old man was very generous and he liked kids. He was always happy when Mark and his cousins gathered on his house for Christmas. They would receive a lot of gifts.

Mark didn't know about his contribution in building the orphanage. But it was something his grandpa would do. Mark couldn't ask his parents, nor his grandpa because the poor man had passed away.

"If you don't believe me, you can ask Mrs. Choi anytime. She's in charge of the orphanage now." Haechan took a sip of his chocolate, "Your grandfather inherited one of his property for Mrs. Choi. The property... You used to live there with your parents... Do you remember the apartment?"

Mark stared at one random point behind Haechan, trying to remember something. But no, he couldn't recall anything. He only remembered the day his family moved to his current home, back when he was in third grade. It was a blurry memory, but Mark remembered it.

He shook, and Haechan sighed.

"I only remember the place where I live now." Mark muttered, "I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" Haechan asked. "Okay now, flashback time. What's your earliest memory? The earliest one you can remember. It's alright, take your time."

Mark closed his eyes and thought. Thinking about the past always caused a mild headache, as if his brain resisted to cooperate.

"Um... It wasn't a clear one, though. I don't even know if it's real."