36

Whether you like it or not, time flew by. Haechan already felt at ease when he was with Yukhei, eating lunch and joked about their professors or their classmates. When it was two hours before he was supposed to be on the airport, though, Haechan couldn't even speak without stuttering.

"Come on, I'll take you to the airport." Yukhei said when they just got out of the restaurant at four, already holding an umbrella. "I've texted Mark. I promised him to take you to the airport."

Haechan looked up to Yukhei and nodded. Ready or not, he should go.

Yukhei gave Haechan his own jacket and both of them walked to the nearest bus station under the umbrella. It's not a very big one, Yukhei let Haechan walked under three quarter of the whole  umbrella.

On the other side of the city, Mark was sitting on the backseat of his family's car. He leaned his head against the window, watching as the rain poured down outside. The sudden attack of humidity dampened his whole mood. It's like Seoul wouldn't even let him go.

Haechan wouldn't let him go. He wasn't selfish enough to say it to Mark, though.

Mr. Lee watched his son from the rearview mirror. Mark used to hate being here, with his blurry past and not-so-friendly elementary schoolmates. Mark used to dream of moving back to Canada with his aunts and uncles.

When Mr. Lee thought about it again, Donghyuck made Mark's days better. Donghyuck anchored him down to this city, where Mark's mother came from.

"Mark." Mr. Lee called out. "You're okay, son?"

Mark looked back into his father's eyes from the rearview mirror and nodded. "It's a little cold, that's all."

Mr. Lee and Mrs. Lee glanced at each other, knowing what exactly was disturbing their son. They had discussed something last night about the Donghyuck situation.

"Are you worried about Donghyuck?" Mrs. Lee shot the question.

Mark chuckled. "Yeah."

"Well, you're going to come home every Christmas, right? What are you worrying about?"

"I just don't want to be back to being strangers again." Mark shrugged.

"You're not going to be strangers again, trust me." Yukhei said to Haechan on their way to the airport.

"How would you know?" Haechan retorted, head leaning against the window.

"Trust me, I know so. You guys are really, really connected to each other. Distance wouldn't break your relationship with him."

"Thanks, Yukhei."

Neither Mark and Haechan felt at ease that time. Mark's departure to Canada was another start of something new. In no time, Haechan wouldn't get the chance to see Mark any other day, meet him on Seoul Station. Mark couldn't hear Haechan's sharp words, nor make him blush like crazy until his ears went red.

It was crazy how one stare on a morning train could lead to something as abstract as these feelings they were having.

Haechan and Yukhei had finally reached the airport. Yukhei led the way, Haechan tugging on the back of his t-shirt so he wouldn't get lost.

They waited in one of the terminals, Haechan's eyes couldn't stop searching for the most expensive car that would pull over. He knew damn well, Mark wouldn't use his Mustang. Dear goodness, Haechan didn't even know when would they ride around the city in that Mustang again.

As his family car's pulled over on the terminal, Mark quickly got outside with his backpack and a duffel bag. He only brought so little clothes because he was just away for a couple of days.