08

Of course, by the time Mark reached Seoul Station, Haechan wasn't there yet. They promised each other to meet at six, but Mark was an hour earlier. He didn't have anything else to do.

Mark decided to wait for Haechan at the croissant shop again. He bought two of the pastries, and munched away one while sitting on one of the seats.

He informed his mother that he would go to one of his friends' house to play videogames. Thankfully, his mother wasn't suspicious at all. She just told him not to forget to eat dinner.

Ten minutes to six pm, people who just arrived on the station were all bringing their umbrellas with them. Some even got drenched. Mark knew instantly that the rain was pouring outside. He just hoped Haechan would make it to the station safely.

Just when he was about to text Haechan, the guy walked into the shop. He didn't bring any umbrella, but he wasn't totally wet either. Before Mark could say anything, Haechan dropped his backpack on the seat across from Mark.

"Hold my stuff, I'm starving."

He went to the counter and ordered two butter croissants with a bottle of apple juice. Once he received his meal, Haechan went back to Mark's table.

Mark watched in silence as Haechan munched on his croissants, as if he hadn't eaten since last week. He finished his juice in no time, once his croissants had disappeared from the plate straight into his stomach.

"Got some rough day?" Mark asked.

"You have no idea." Haechan wiped the corners of his mouth with the back of his hands. "I know we're going to have dinner at Mrs. Choi's, but I need something or else I will faint."

"Take it easy. Mrs. Choi can wait, can't she?"

"Yeah, but I don't like to make her wait. She's been very kind to me." Haechan grabbed his backpack and stood up, "Shall we go?"

Mark nodded and followed the tanned guy out. They boarded a train and got out of Seoul Station, heading to Myeong-Dong. It was a short ride, which only took approximately ten minutes.

The train wasn't very cramped, so Mark and Haechan didn't have to stick together, chest to chest like the last time. However, Mark pulled Haechan closer to him when a man was starting to eye the guy, probably aiming for Haechan's bag or phone.

"Put that thing back in your pocket." Mark hissed, snatching Haechan's phone from his hands. Mark secured the gadget inside his own jeans pocket, so Haechan couldn't do anything about it. He wouldn't grope around Mark's lower part just to get his phone back.

"Prick." Haechan muttered. "I was texting my roommate. The security guards will charge me if I come back late. We have curfews, you know."

"Pfft... Such a baby." Mark snickered, "You can tell your roommate that you'll be staying at my place."

"No, I won't do that."

"Why not?"

"I'm not going to have a sleepover on a stranger's place!"

"I guess we're not completely strangers, but go ahead if you wanna think that way." Mark shrugged. "I'm not planning to take you back to my parents' place, mind you. My friend has a place in Myeong-Dong as well."

Haechan huffed, his bangs got blew. Mark chuckled and led the guy out of the train when it stopped at Myeong-Dong station.

They went to the lobby, where Haechan dragged Mark into a bus. Again, Mark sat near the window while Haechan was texting again. The sun was starting to set on the west, lights started to be lit on buildings. The area felt somehow familiar for Mark. He visited Myeong-Dong a couple of time, but only for a brief, short period of time. Mostly going out with his friends to a café there. But as the bus pulled over on an area, something struck him.

He had been there. He knew it. He just didn't remember exactly when, or why was he there.

Haechan just stared at Mark the whole time, when the older one looked around in confusion.

"Recognizing something?" Haechan asked.

"No, but it's oddly familiar." Mark frowned, "That's strange. I've never been in this part of Myeong-Dong."

"You only went to get food or watch stuff on CGV, eh?" Haechan chuckled. "Come on, this way."

They walked on the sidewalk. There weren't a lot of pedestrians there. The sidewalk they were walking on was right on the sides of the main street in Myeong-Dong. Cars and buses were passing through every now and then, people chose to travel with buses or taxis. Not them, though. The apartment where Mrs. Choi lived was fifteen minutes away from the bus stop.

Haechan greeted the security at the front gate, which greeted back once he realized who it was. Haechan must had been here before.

It was a pretty fancy place, judging from the cars that were parked on the parking lot, and from the chandelier on the lobby. Mark looked around, a weird feeling started to embrace him. He had been here.

Haechan got an access card from the receptionist and went straight to the elevator. Once they were inside the elevator, Haechan asked Mark.

"Pick a number."

"What?"

"Press a number. I want to see if you still remember the floor." Haechan pointed at the buttons next to the elevator door.

Mark glanced at the buttons for a split seconds, before pressing the number "7". The door closed and they went up.

"Was it the right floor?" Mark asked nervously.

"Yes." Haechan frowned at the older guy, "I don't know how you repressed your own memories, but it's coming up to the surface again, I think."

Mark gulped as they reached the seventh floor, and walked through the dimmed hallway. Haechan stopped in front of door number 7-C and knocked.

"Hyuck? Is that you?" A voice of a lady could be heard from inside. Mark sent a questioning look at Haechan, which pretended not to notice, until the door was opened to reveal a woman on her mid fifties, wearing a pink blouse and a black skirt. Her hair was cut short, and her face was covered in a face mask.

"Oh my God, Hyuck! You're wet!" The woman ushered both of them to come inside. "Is it raining outside now?"

"No, it was raining when I got out of uni. It has stopped on our way here." Haechan explained with a smile, as if he was assuring the lady not to panic. "Now, if you still have some of Siwon hyung's clothes-"

"Just take anything you want. He rarely comes home this past few years, now that he is traveling around the world."

Haechan beamed and entered a door next to the kitchen, leaving Mrs. Choi and Mark alone. Mark didn't know what to do, so he just shifted from one leg to another.

"It's good to see you again, Minhyung." Mrs. Choi said.

Publishing in the middle of an indie music festival. I hope ya'll have a nice weekend. 💚