10

"Okay, don't forget to brush your teeth, darling."

"Sure, Ma. Bye." Mark ended the call. He just informed his mother that he would be staying at a friend's house. His mother didn't ask any further, Mark was relieved.

It wasn't a lie, Mark was really going to stay at Taeyong's apartment with Haechan. They spent some times at Mrs. Choi's place, and by the time Mark checked on his wrist watch, it was nine at night.

Thankfully, Taeyong didn't mind when Mark said he would crash on with a friend. So there he was, in the front lobby of Taeyong's apartment. He was waiting for Taeyong to pick them up downstairs. Mark sat on a bench with Haechan next to him. The guy seemed very sleepy. Haechan's head would sway a little, until Haechan sat up straight again, trying to stay awake.

Mark clicked his tongue and gently forced Haechan to lean to him, head on his shoulder.

"Yah!"

"I slept on your shoulder yesterday, on the train. Shush." Mark patted the guy's upper arm.

"What if someone sees us?" Haechan hissed.

"What if I don't give a damn?" Mark retorted, "Come on, Haechan. You're tired. You spent your day in classes and took me to Mrs. Choi's place."

Haechan pouted but didn't complain.

"You don't change much, do you?"

Mark chuckled. "I have no idea."

They both sat in silence. Mark was wondering what on earth was Taeyong doing upstairs. They had waited for ten minutes now.

"Mrs. Choi said we were best friends. Is it true?" Mark asked.

Haechan took some time to answer, before he nodded. "We were close."

"You said we weren't that close."

"Hey, it must have been awkward if I said we used to sleep on the same bed whenever you wanted to stay at the orphanage."

"Awe. I bet we were cute."

"I was, you weren't."

Mark laughed at Haechan's response. He forgot how Haechan could be pretty savage, at times. The laughter died out when the thunder clapped outside. Seemed like the rain was going to visit Seoul again at the end of that day. Mark gritted his teeth. Where was Taeyong? Both of them were freezing.

Finally, a soft "ding" was heard from the elevator, and a man with white t-shirt came out. It was Taeyong, wearing shorts and a pair of furry sandals.

"Guys, I'm sorry to keep you waiting." Taeyong approached them with a worried look.

"It's okay, hyung. We're okay." Mark smiled, "This is Haechan, he's my friend."

Haechan rubbed his eyes and stood up, bowing towards Taeyong. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Haechan. It's nice to meet you, hyung."

"Oh, aren't you adorable?" Taeyong ruffled Haechan's hair. "Nice to meet you too, Haechan. I'm Lee Taeyong. I see you're very tired there, let's go upstairs, shall we?"

Both of the guys followed Taeyong to the elevator. Mark had to grip on Haechan's upper arm, so the younger boy didn't collapse to the floor.

They got out at the third floor and walked to apartment number 3-7. Taeyong unlocked the door and let them inside.

It was the first time Mark visited Taeyong's apartment. There wasn't many space, and there was only one bedroom. Taeyong was about to set the bed for both of them, when Mark said they would sleep on the living room.

So, there they were, laying down on Taeyong's living room while the owner of the apartment was working inside his own room. Mark let Haechan had the sofa, and the guy didn't argue with him. Haechan was too tired to function, he just threw himself to the sofa and drifted off to sleep. Mark laid down on the floor with a sofa cushion under his head.

Didn't have anyone to talk to, Mark checked on his notification. There was a few emails, one was from the university, informing him that he should take a picture for his student ID in two weeks. His father texted him to be safe, even though he was staying at his friend's place. Then, there was a text from Johnny-hyung, asking if he was really at Taeyong's place.

Mark answered him shortly, saying it was true and he stayed over with Haechan.

Aside from those notifications, Mark didn't have anything to be paid attention to. So, he turned off his phone, and put it next to him. Mark faced the ceiling and closed his eyes, letting the tiredness washed over him. The rain started to pour outside, and the temperature dropped. Mark fell asleep to the sound of water droplets hitting the pavement outside.

×××

His eyes shot opened when he heard someone flushed the toilet on the bathroom. Mark rubbed his eyes and checked on his wrist watch. Almost four in the morning.

He thought it might be Taeyong, getting ready for work. That's why his heart almost jumped out when he saw a dark figure coming toward him, but sat at the sofa, instead. It was Haechan who went to the bathroom. He seemed awake, judging from his wide, opened eyes.

"Hey." Mark muttered. "Go back to sleep."

Haechan looked down at him and shook his head. The guy laid back down on the sofa, back facing Mark. Mark shrugged it off and turned the other way to go back to sleep. Apparently, he couldn't do it. He just heard Haechan sniffled.

Mark jolted up from his position on the floor and shook Haechan's shoulder gently.

"Haechan?" He asked. "Haechannie, are you crying."

"No." Haechan answered, but his voice clearly stated the other way. He was, indeed, crying. Mark pulled him, so the guy would turn around.

Tears were streaming down on Haechan's face, his eyes looked up at Mark's dark orbs. He suppressed his whimpers, he just sobbed soundlessly.

"Channie, what's wrong?" Mark asked again, this time more gentle than before.

"I'm fine, go back to bed, Mark." Haechan closed his eyes and wiped his tears. His ears went red, Haechan was embarrassed that Mark saw him crying.

"But, Haechannie-"

"I said I'm fine!" Haechan snapped.

Mark pulled his hand back, and laid down on the floor again. Haechan didn't stop sniffling, though. So, Mark did what he thought was right.

"Do you wanna come down here?"

Haechan chuckled. "No, thanks."

"Are you sure? I'm good at cuddling." Mark singsong, "C'mere."

"No." Haechan insisted.

Mark sighed. "Alright. Give me your hand."

Haechan raised an eyebrow. "What for?"

"Just give me your hand." Mark said as he sat up, facing Haechan. The guy hesitated at first, but he gave his left hand, anyway.

Mark took it, and started to pressed his thumbs on the warm palm of Haechan's hand. Mark gave him a little massage, because it usually calmed him down when he was a kid.

Haechan watched as Mark's thumbs went up to his lower arm. He wouldn't lie, Mark was doing just great. Haechan enjoyed the simple, yet soothing gesture. He closed his eyes and sighed. Mark used to do it, back then.

"Go to sleep... Donghyuck-ah."

A warm feeling spread inside Haechan's chest. It was just like the old times, when Mark still remembered everything.

"Thank you... Minhyung."