35

Mark rarely wanted to drink in the afternoon, that's why Johnny was puzzled when the younger one asked him to meet up at House of Beer. The moment Johnny walked inside the bar, he could see Mark sitting in their usual table with Baekhyun next to him.

The bar usually opened at six pm, but Chanyeol let Mark in anyway. Speaking of Chanyeol, he was behind the bar, typing on his laptop. He just smiled at Johnny when he entered, and focused back on his laptop.

Johnny slided into the seat in front of Mark and Baekhyun. Judging by the look on Baekhyun's face, he didn't know why Mark wanted to meet up. The youngest amongst them tapped his fingers on the table, waiting.

"Mark, I—"

"Hyung, I need you to do me a favor."

Mark never cut him off, neither Johnny and Baekhyun knew what happened.

"Please take care of Haechan while I'm away."

"Mark, you're only going to be away for two days—"

"I'm leaving in a week. The orientation program is taking place two weeks from now, I gotta be there a week before to settle down a bit. Baekhyun-hyung, you didn't see his face. It's... hard."

Baekhyun and Johnny looked at each other.

"So, hyungs... Will you please help me?" Mark asked. He looked at both of his hyungs straight in the eyes, especially Johnny.

Johnny reached out to pat Mark's head. "Don't worry, Mark. Haechan will be alright."

"Yeah." Baekhyun added with a smile. "I was planning to ask him to bake with me around this Wednesday, if he's free."

Mark wanted to feel relieved, but he still couldn't. He decided to trust Haechan to his two hyungs. At least Haechan had four more people to be at his side, watching over him. Mark's parents, Johnny, Baekhyun. Plus Yukhei, Jeno, Jaemin, Jisung, Mrs. Choi, and his friends from uni. Mark just wouldn't be there to be with him.

"And if it's only the two of you around him, you can call him Donghyuck." Mark added.

"Why?"

"It's his real name. Call him Lee Donghyuck to remind him that I'm still waiting for his answer." Mark snickered at his hyungs' expression.

"Wait, what?"

The three of them turned to Chanyeol. Turned out, the lanky guy had been eavesdropping the whole time. Chanyeol left his laptop behind the bar and walked towards their table, taking the seat next to Johnny, eyes wide and mouth slightly opened.

"You asked him to marry you?"

Baekhyun gasped when his boyfriend said what he assumed to be true. Johnny? He didn't look really surprised at all, he had a feeling Mark would, one way or another, fall for Haechan. It was obvious. From the moment Mark stopped going to the bar, preferred cola over beer, and gave out his cigarettes and match to Sicheng, Johnny knew.

"Oh my God, when? How did it happen?" Baekhyun shook Mark's shoulder, asking for details.

Mark just chuckled. "We went to Incheon last week. I asked him on the last night of our stay there... with a cheese ring." Mark covered his face with his palm, neck turning red from the embarrassment.

"Shit, man you're whipped." Chanyeol whistled. "What did he say?"

"Bitch, you have been rejected."

Mark laughed along with his hyungs after he said what Haechan's answer was.

"You go to Canada, study well, get a job, buy a real ring, and propose him." Chanyeol said. "Do it right, Mark."