14

Mark waved his hand and smiled. He turned off the light and closed the door. Jaemin yelled "see you later, hyung" before the door really closed.

Time flew indeed. Mark had to leave the kids, because it was already thirty minutes passed their bedtime. To entertain a sad Jisung and the older boys from their homeworks, Mark gave them him their phone for awhile. He let them opened YouTube even though he was running short on credits, and there was no WiFi. It was worth it, though, to see their faces lit up. Mark learned that Jeno actually had a good taste in music, and that Jisung was good at dancing.

"Everyone else is asleep, Eunji-ssi?" Mark asked the girl, who was cleaning up the common room from empty milk tea bottles and toys.

"Yes." Eunji put a box of lego in a cupboard. "Thank you, Min-I mean, Mark-ssi."

Mark nodded. "No problem. I'm glad I did it."

Silence took over, Mark felt awkward. He cleared his throat. "So... Did Haechan tell you where he was going?"

Eunji frowned. "I didn't see him leaving."

Mark sighed. "Alright. I better go. See you around, Eunji-ssi."

"You too, Mark-ssi."

Mark left the orphanage. The street was empty and silent. Of course, it was half past ten. Area like the one Mark was walking through didn't have any bar nor anything related to the nightlife.

He fished out his phone from his waist bag, and started to dial Haechan's number. The guy didn't pick it up.

"Come on, Haechannie." Mark dialed the number again, started to feel angry. Haechan shouldn't had left him like that. Mark regretted not chasing him when he left.

Unfortunately, Haechan never picked up. Even after Mark called six time. Mark even texted him, asking the whereabout of the tanned guy.

Mark boarded the last train to Seoul Station, still worrying over Haechan. The train was emptier, so Mark was able to get a seat. When he just landed his ass on the seat, and the automatic door closed, his phone rang. Mark hoped it was Haechan, but he was disappointed.

"What?"

"Geez, no friendly greeting for me?"

Mark pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'm sorry, Johnny-hyung. Hi. What's up?"

"Where are you right now?"

"On my way back home. Why?"

"Come to Chanyeol's place now."

"Hyung, I'm not in a mood to dri-"

"Your friend is here."

Mark's eyes shot opened. "Who? Haechan?"

"Uhuh. He just walked in a couple of hours ago, according to the bartender. When Taeyong arrived, Haechan went over and... rant. Incoherent rant, I don't know what he's talking a-hey!"

"Johnny-hyung?"

"Go get your friend, Lee! He's a mess, I swear to God-Channie! No, he's Baekhyun boyfri-YAH!"

The line went dead. Mark stared at his phone screen in disbelief. What was wrong with Haechan that day?

When the train stopped at Seoul Station, Mark ran out and bought the ticket to Hongdae. The next train arrived in fifteen minutes. Mark was frustrated. He decided to leave the station and hailed a cab.

Thankfully there was an empty cab passed by. A person was about to take it, but Mark got inside first.

"Go! Come on!" Mark yelled at the driver. The poor man just hit the gas, while Mark barked out the location they were heading to.