34

No words were exchanged along their way to Haechan's university. Mark rolled their windows down again, letting the sun shone on them, and the wind went through their hairs. Seoul's streets wasn't really crowded, and Haechan was thankful for that. He also cursed on the empty streets because that meant, they could only be together for approximately fifteen more minutes before Haechan left.

Indeed, another end was near. It was so close, Haechan could feel it in his neurons, in every beat of his heart, in every breathe he took. Mark wasn't exactly calm about it either. Asked him three weeks ago, and he would say he couldn't wait to go back to Canada. Asked him that day, he wanted to cancel his flight that night. He couldnt, though, the university sent him an email to come and get some stuff fixed.

Mark was going to leave. Haechan was going to be left behind.

Of course, Mark would literally leave Seoul in a week or so. Still, none of them could imagine what it would be like when they weren't next to each other. They had been inseparable for the last two weeks, and they were making a good progress on their relationship.

Mark secretly glanced at Haechan when they stopped because of the traffic light. His tanned skin was glowing underneath the sun, with his eyes closed like that, Haechan could be mistaken as a demigod. Perfectly sculpted by Aphrodite herself.

The car behind them honked, signalling for Mark to move. So he did. He was so focused on staring at Haechan, he didn't see the light had turned green. Haechan woke up from his short snooze and chuckled.

They arrived on the campus' parking lot. Mark perfectly did the maneuver and parked his car near the front lobby. Mark texted Yukhei to wait in the lobby, but the tall guy wasn't there yet. They waited inside the car.

"Donghyuck-ah-"

"Minhyungie-"

Their gazes met and laughs errupted.

"You go first, Donghyuck."

"No, you go first." Haechan stifled his laugh. "I insisted."

Mark smiled. "I would really like to see you in the airport... later. I'm only going to be away for two days, but two days without hearing your sassy remarks are surely going to be some of the most boring days I've ever had."

"Hyperbolic as always."

"No, I really mean it." Mark moved a bit in his seat so he was facing Haechan.

Haechan looked at him in disbelief. "My, my... Uri Minhyungie is going to miss me, eh?"

Haechan thought he was going to laugh it off or joke, but Mark's smile turned into a sad one.

"Maja. Ne Minhyungie is going to miss you."

Right. Your Minhyungie is going to miss you.

Your Minhyungie.

It was not the time for Haechan to joke around, judging from how Mark looked like. For the first time ever, Haechan could see that Mark really meant his words. He didn't want to leave, just as much as Haechan didn't want to be left. Who were they fooling with? There's no turning back. Mark couldn't cancel his plan there, Haechan couldn't move to Canada with him.

It was real life, not some story you read in a platform. Changing stuff isn't going to be as easy as clicking your fingers. That was not how the real world works.

"Ne Donghyuck-ah is going to miss Minhyungie too."

Haechan wasn't used to confess his own feelings, but he wanted Mark to know. Mark looked at him with his sad smile, and sad gaze, sad everything. Good God, if that's how they reacted when Mark was about to leave for two days... Who the hell would know what it's going to be like when Mark really left for Canada.