28

Mark just laid down in his futon with his eyes opened wide. Even though the air conditioner was set to the lowest temperature possible, Mark was sweating and it drenched the back of his t-shirt.

Those crucial moments his parents and his own brain had been hiding from him, now felt very real. As if Mark was really got taken back to eleven years ago, where it all occured. The memory wrapped itself around him like a big, black winter coat.

Mark stayed still for a few moments before he sat up to check on his phone. 6.27 AM and Haechan hadn't wake up.

Mark decided to go downstairs to the backyard, where the owner had put a hammock in-between two trees. Mark sat there for awhile, dialing Johnny's number. He was sure Johnny had gotten up for work.

"Yeoboseo?"

"Hyung, it's me."

"Oh, hi, Mark. What's up? You're still in Incheon, right?"

"Yes... Hyung, I remembered."

"You-oh... Um, how do you feel?"

"I don't know how I feel. How am I supposed to feel? I fucked up as a kid and caused shit for two person and myself."

"You mean Haechan and that one guy with wheelchair?"

"Yes. I was the reason why he can't walk." Mark pinched the bridge of his nose.

"How do they treat you so far, though?"

"They said not to feel guilty. But it's hard, hyung. I mean..." Mark really wished he brought Johnny to Incheon with Haechan. He really needed his hyung to help him out in this kind of situation.

"Then don't feel guilty. Old scars heal someday, Mark. They've moved on from what happened. I don't expect you to forget it in a short period of time after you remembered it. That guy with wheelchair gave you cookies and invited you to his house, that's great. Haechan seems really happy to be with you again. Learn to let go of the past while you stitch back your relationship with Haechan and the other people whom you've forgotten."

Mark did feel a little bit at ease after his short phone call with Johnny. He walked back into the guesthouse and went upstairs to his room with Haechan. The younger boy was in the bathroom, probably taking a shower.

Mark wanted to cry as he laid down in Haechan's futon. He didn't hope anyone would understand what he was feeling inside.

Haechan took awhile to shower, and got out with fresh new clothes. He stood near his bag to put his dirty clothes inside.

"I thought you went out." Haechan chuckled.

Mark sat up, eyes staring at the wooden bedroom floor, he said nothing. Haechan noticed how Mark was silent, so he plopped himself down in front of the guy.

"Mark-"

"I remember." Mark croaked out. "I remember what happened."

Haechan froze but he broke a smile. "I told you not to feel guilty, Minhyungie."

Mark leaned forward and rested his head on Haechan's shoulser. "It's been a long time, Donghyuck-ah." Mark knew tears started to brim on his eyes.

"Don't cry, Minhyungie."

"I'm not!" His quivering voice betrayed him.

Haechan chuckled and pulled Mark closer to a hug. "Alright then. You can rest your sweaty eyes while leaning on me."

Mark finally broke down.

×××

None of them wanted to be the first to broke the silence. None of them wanted to go back to Seoul. None of them wanted to leave this escape they started. Incheon wasn't really interesting, to start with, but it was alright. They could sat by the beach while eating Chinese take-out at 4 pm. They could stroll around the neighborhood where they stayed at four in the morning and wait for a restaurant to open. They didn't have to worry about responsibilities, about the past that haunted them, about the future that has not yet to come but still made them anxious nonetheless.