19

"Minhyungie, ahjumma asked what would you like to eat for our sleepover." Little Donghyuck barged into the room. He quickly went red and covered his eyes. "I'm sorry Minhyungie! I didn't know you were changing!"

Young Mark chuckled and put on his t-shirt. He went to the younger kid and ruffled his curly hair. "It's okay, Hyuckie. You don't have to be bashful like that. We've swum together and taken showers together, haven't we?"

"But... But..."

Mark pulled Donghyuck into a hug. "Is there something you would like to tell me? You're being weird lately."

"I like your back." Donghyuck admitted with red ears. "You're very warm, Minhyungie."

"Aigoo, Hyuckie is so cute. I hope you're my younger brother so we can have sleepover every night!" Mark squeezed Donghyuck.

"Hehe." Donghyuck sheepishly laughed. "I love Minhyungie too. Now, come on, let's go to Ahjumma. I want some pizza."

Both boys ran out of Mark's room. The scene went blurry and  Mark got pulled back into the present time.

"...Mark!"

Mark jolted behind the steering wheel and turned his gaze from his hands, to Haechan's worried eyes. The guy was shaking him the whole time.

"Are you alright? You just zoned out and breathing heavily. I thought you're having... I don't know, an asthma attack or a seizure... But you seemed calm."

Mark didn't respond to any of Haechan's words. He surprised both of them by pulling Haechan into a hug. It was difficult with the console in between them, Haechan squirmed away, wanting to be freed from Mark's grip.

"No. Please, stay." Mark said next to Haechan's ear. His voice quivered, reflecting how confused and unsure he was inside. Haechan understood and stayed in his place, letting the older guy hugged him for more than a couple of minutes.

Mark finally let go of Haechan, but he held him. Their faces were only inches away. "I remembered... One of the scene before we're having a sleepover."

Haechan frowned, having no idea of which memory Mark was talking about.

"You said you like my back and that I was warm."

Haechan's eyes drifted away from Mark's dark orbs to his hands, ears going red.

"Haechan, am I still warm?" Mark asked.

"I've told you, you don't change." Haechan sighed, "Come on, Mark. Let's go somewhere."

Mark turned the engine on and sighed in defeat. He really wanted to talk more with Haechan, but he seemed to avoid any topic related to their past. "Where are we going?"

"Yongsan Family Park? It's ten minutes away from here."

"It's late!" Mark looked at Haechan with wide eyes.

"Well, you probably will remember something there, but if you don't want to then that's fine." Haechan folded his arms in front of his chest and looked away.

"We can go there but not now. It's pretty cold outside." Mark checked his wristwatch and saw that it was almost nine. "Are you hungry? We can go to the orphanage if you want."

"I'm not hungry. I ate your popcorn, remember?" Haechan sighed. "And yes, I would like to go to the orphanage. It's better than my dorm and your place. No offense, I don't think it'll be a good idea if I meet your parents."

"No offense taken. I do think so too." They both sat in silence as Mark drove the car to the orphanage, which was fifteen minutes away from where they parked.