16

Since Mark couldn't cook, Haechan was the one who made them food. Mark had already made sure his mother wouldn't be back for the next an hour, at least. It gave Haechan the advantage to take his time, cutting up tomatoes for sandwich.

Mark sat on a stool, next to Haechan who was starting to assemble the sandwich. He put a ham, lettuce, two tomatoes, cheese, and a hard-boiled egg, cut in two, in between the bread.

"Why not a sunny side up?" Mark asked, curiosity got the best of him.

"Boiled eggs are better than the fried ones." Haechan answered, pushing a plate to Mark. "Not just eggs. Potatoes too."

"Really?" Mark raised an eyebrow.

"Yes. Because when you fry something, you need to use oil, right? Well, it's better without oil, whatsoever." Haechan explained. "Now, eat."

Mark nodded, and took a bite of the sandwich. His eyes widened.

"How is it?" Haechan asked, taking a bite of his own portion.

"It's good. Really good. It's just a sandwich. You're a life saviour."

Haechan chuckled at Mark's comment, he didn't reply, though. They ate their breakfast on the kitchen in silence. Haechan earlier said to Mark that he had a class on eleven. Mark would drive him to his university, assuring Haechan that it wouldn't be a problem for Mark.

While Haechan had already finished his sandwich, and texted his friend, Mark was still chewing. He stared at Haechan, absorbing the view of him wearing his shirt. Mark gave Haechan a blue sweatshirt and a pair of his small, old jeans. Haechan suited it better. Mark liked to see the younger guy wearing his clothes.

"Stop staring, old man." Haechan's voice startled him.

Mark chuckled. "I'm not staring. You look good in my clothes."

"I look good in everything, Mark."

Once Mark finished his sandwich, he washed the dishes. Haechan went upstairs to get his belongings. It was only nine in the morning, but Mark was planning to drive around before dropping Haechan in his university.

Haechan went back downstairs with his bag. "Where are we going?"

"Around." Mark grabbed his car keys from one of the kitchen drawer. "Lets go."

Mark took him to the garage, Haechan whistled when he saw the two cars. The owner just chuckled. Mark never really thought his family's cars were extraordinary. They probably cost a lot, but they're just cars. Nothing major. Of course, some people may have the same reaction as Haechan. The Lee family owned four cars in total. A Jaguar XJ for the three of them, if they're going out together. A 2017 Cadillac XT5 for his mother, an Infiniti G50 for his father, and a good old blue Ford Mustang for Mark.

Mark asked his father not to buy him something flashy since he wouldn't use it too often, and he wouldn't want to be in the spotlight once he drives it to his uni. So, his father bought him a Mustang. Not very flashy, but still, it's one of a kind.

"Nice ride." Haechan commented again once they're inside. "I wonder why you take the train every day."

"There's this weird connection I have with trains." Mark said. "I don't know, I can't remember."

"Weird connection with trains, huh?" Haechan raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. It's like, there's something in the past. Something I still don't know, that happened to me, and it related to the train. Do you happen to know anything?"

"I-"

Before Haechan could answer, his own phone rang. Haechan fished the device out from his pocket and picked up the call. From the conversation, Mark could tell that it was Haechan's roommate, Yukhei. Haechan seemed frustrated with him. He didn't talk a lot, mostly Haechan just grunted in annoyance.