25

Sunday morning came faster than a blink of an eye. Haechan woke up as Mark shook his shoulder. They went downstairs to grab some breakfast before heading up back to their room, so Mark could sleep for a bit.

Mark buried his face on the pillow and snored. He was exhausted, because he didn't get much sleep for the past two days. Meanwhile, Haechan took a shower for awhile, put on his used clothes from last night, and sat on the sofa near the window.

He sighed. His gaze moved from the street outside and a knocked out Mark. They were going to meet another person who was also associated with the event that caused Mark's repressed memories.

Haechan didn't know what to feel. A couple of days after the event occurred, Mark blamed himself for what happened. Haechan also felt guilty because he was also there. The difference was Haechan got to remember everything, but Mark didn't. Mrs. Choi once assumed that Mark was consumed by the guilt he felt, until his brain decided to close the case. Neither Haechan or his hyung felt ike it was Mark's fault. It was all because they were there at the wrong time.

Haechan's phone rang, and the tanned guy picked up the call.

"Good morning, hyung." Haechan said with a smile on his face.

"Morning, Donghyuckie. I just want to inform that I finished therapy at ten in the morning today. You and Mark can come by at twelve for lunch and cookies."

"O-oh, alright, hyung."

"...Donghyuckie, are you nervous?"

Haechan sighed. "The same old fear."

"I don't think he will leave you."

"How do you know?"

"Because I'm smart."

Haechan laughed. "Doyoung-hyung is."

"Yeah, nobody beats him. Even in baking cookies. So, see you later?"

"Yes, hyung. See you."

Haechan stared at his phone and sighed once again. He just hoped Mark wouldn't walk away again with no recognition of what they had been through.

×××

Mark could see from the corner of his eyes that Haechan was tapping his foot nervously as they were getting lifted to the eight floor of the apartment building.

"Haechannie, what's up?" Mark questioned, his hand brushed against Haechan's.

"Oh, nothing. Remember what I said, Mark. Don't be shocked, don't stare too long." Haechan warned. The elevator let out a soft ding tone and the door slided open. Haechan led the way, Mark trailed from behind.

They stopped in front of door number H-11. Haechan knocked the door, and shortly after, a tall, lanky guy opened it.

"Donghyuck and Minhyung." He smiled, "We've been waiting."

"Hi, Doyoung hyung." Haechan greeted, "Where is-"

"Donghyuck, is that you?"

Haechan froze as someone else appeared on the door. Mark tried to control himself not to look at his lower part.

"Hello, Jungwoo hyung."

A man was moving towards the door with a wheelchair. He seemed like a cheerful and affectionate dude, even though he lost both of his legs. For real, no legs.

"Hello, guys! Come in, come in! Don't be shy." Jungwoo beamed and turned the wheelchair around and rolled to the living room.

Haechan gave Mark a reassuring pat on the back and they entered the apartment. They sat side by side on the brown sofa, four cups of tea and a plate of chocolate chips cookies were served in the coffee table in front of them.

"Mark, this is Kim Jungwoo and Kim Doyoung." Haechan introduced the two men to Mark. "They used to be my roommates in the orphanage."

"Hello, nice to meet you both." Mark nodded. "I-uh... I'm M-"

"You're Mark. We know." Jungwoo cut him off with a smile. "Oh my, you've grown."

"Thanks?"

The smile didn't leave Jungwoo's face. He turned to Doyoung. "Doyoung-hyung, the cookies."

"Oh, right, maja." Doyoung scurried off to the kitchen to get the cookies.

"Uh, Jungwoo-ssi..."

"Yes, Mark?"

Mark froze for awhile. He didn't know what to say. "So... Did I know you before? I'm sorry, I forgot everything-"

"No, don't apologize for that. After all, what happened that day was traumatic for the three of us." Jungwoo said. Doyoung got back to the room with two plates of cookies. He sat next to Jungwoo and listened to the conversation.

"You were there?" Mark's eyes went wide.

Jungwoo tilted his head from side to side, before he turned to Haechan. "Should I tell him now?"

Haechan shrugged. "I don't know."

"Tell me what-wait... No, please do tell me. I may won't remember it or I will. Whichever it's going to be, I need to know." Mark sounded so desperate, Haechan felt bad. It must be difficult in some ways, when you don't remember something crucial from the past.

"Alright. I'm going to tell you, in one condition." Jungwoo raised his index finger. "Do not, in any circumstances, that it was your fault."

Even though Mark didn't know what would hit him, he nodded.

"Hyung, don't tell him all of it. Just tell him what caused us three to be like this." Haechan suddenly spoke.

"Haechan, why?"

"Because... Well, the other part... Neither of me nor Jungwoo hyung knew the truth. It's all in your head, Mark. We can't just tell you what happened from our point of view, because you must have your own perspective. Try to remember it, will you?"

"I'll try."

Haechan turned to Jungwoo. "Please continue."

"Right, so..."

I really like Welcome to My Playground. Also, Simon Says is... Idk how to describe it, but surely it has that creepy, eerie feeling to it. Like, whenever I listen to it I got goosebumps and I feel like there's a dark being is lurking around me. AHA what am I talking about lemme get this weird side of me away from this rant.

ANYWAY! If you want to send a question either to one of the characters or to *ahem* me *ahem*, you can comment on this:

THIS

Yes that one ㅋㅋㅋㅋ The characters will answer it on the next chapters. UNTIL THEN, SEE YOU!!!