31

"Thank you, hyung, for the treat." Jeno bowed once he got out of the car. Jaemin quickly followed his gesture, while Jisung awkwardly nodded his head. The car stopped in front of the orphanage to drop them off. It was already half past nine, Mark was lucky Mrs. Choi wasn't there. The lady would scold him and Haechan for taking out those three boys out late on a school night.

Mark waved his hand. "No big deal, guys. Think of it as our way to apologize for not visiting you for a week."

"Haechan didn't pay for our meal."

Jaemin nudged Jisung on his ribs. The giant kid winced in pain, didn't dare to say anything else.

"What's mine is also Haechan's, including my money... Mostly my clothes, though."

Haechan could see a grin on Mark's face in the dark. He could feel his ears started to warm up, meaning it was turning into an embarrassing crimson color. Lucky for him, Mark didn't turn on the light. His reddening ears weren't visible, therefore he wouldn't get teased to death by Mark.

"I'll make sure you have everything you need, and I'll try to fulfill what you want."

Haechan still remembered what Mark said on the night where they had the cheese ring proposal. How could Haechan forget? For Donghyuck, Lee Minhyung was a tsunami. Was, is, and always will. Lee Minhyung made his stomach churned, feelings washed over him.

"Hey, Eunji is peeking from the window. You better get inside, guys." Mark pointed at the lobby. A pair of eyes that belonged to Eunji squinted from in between the curtains.

A lot of 'thank you hyung' and 'see you later hyung' came from those boys as Mark drove away. They finally got back to the main road of Yongsan. Even though cars passed all around them, and the lights from the buildings were mesmerizing, the car ride was tense.

"Donghyuck-ah..."

"Hmm?"

"Please don't be mad at me."

Haechan turned his head to face Mark. He focused on the road in front of them, but the sparkle in his eyes were gone, replaced by a dull and gloomy stare.

"I know, I'm sorry." Haechan finally said. "I overreacted. I shouldn't have done that."

"No, no, no. You have the right to be mad at me, but please just... Don't ignore me."

Haechan shook his head. "I'm not going to, as long as you don't disappear into the thin air like vapor."

"Ain't going anywhere, Donghyuck-ah." Mark sounded a bit better. "Still, I'm asking you... Come with me."

"We both know I can't. I don't have any passport, and who's going to make sure Jisung grows up as a polite, educated young man?"

"Well... He can come too if he wants."

Haechan glanced at the older guy and scoffed. "Oh, please."

Mark shrugged. He didn't see why it's not possible. In his opinion, Jisung would also like to see the world outside South Korea.

"I'm not coming with you. No, it's crazy." Haechan got a chill in his spine when the thought of leaving his homeland came to mind.

"If you don't want to come with me to Canada, at least you can... come and have a sleepover at my place." Mark suggested. He turned to the direction of his house on the next intersection.