11

Mark woke up later that morning on half past six. He fell asleep sitting, leaning against the sofa with Haechan's hand on his. Mark rubbed his eyes and let go of Haechan.

"Ah, you just woke up." Taeyong greeted from the kitchen counter. He was cooking something.

"Morning, hyung." Mark greeted back with his raspy morning voice.

"Good morning, Mark." Taeyong replied. "Go wash up a little bit. I have a few spare toothbrush on the cabinet under the sink."

Mark obeyed the older guy and went to the bathroom to wash his face. He brushed his teeth too, with a blue toothbrush. When he was done, he didn't get out of the bathroom. He just stared right back at his reflection on the mirror.

Mark tilted his head. So far, he hadn't found what he was looking for. A lot of things felt familiar, but none of it had conjured up a memory. So far, the realest thing Mark could feel was when he massaged Haechan's hand, to send him to sleep. It was like an instinct to do so. It felt right.

He sighed. Well, if he couldn't remember anything from before he was seven, then at least he knew a bit of his past. Even if it was through other people's stories. It was better than nothing.

Mark stepped out of the bathroom to find Haechan had woken up too. The guy was talking with Taeyong on the kitchen, while helping the older guy cooking.

"Oh, there he is." Taeyong announced Mark's arrival in the kitchen. Haechan looked up from the cutting board, and their eyes met. The younger guy quickly looked away, ears reddened.

Mark stepped in between Taeyong and Haechan to see what they were making. Seemed like fried rice. Mark had had enough of fried rice, honestly. But he would finish this one, because Taeyong's food had never disappointed him.

"Hyung, do you have any cigarette?" Mark asked.

"Uh... I guess I have a pack. On top of the refrigerator, Mark." Taeyong answered while he still stirred the rice.

Mark's hand reached the top of the refrigerator, which wasn't so tall. He found the cigarette Taeyong meant. Mark examined the pack of nicotine sticks with a frown.

Taeyong doesn't smoke cigarettes, Mark thought.

"Hyung, whose cigarette is this, though?" Mark asked, "You vape, right?"

"A friend left it behind." Taeyong answered.

Mark just nodded, didn't push the older guy further more. "Can I smoke here? There's no fire alarm, is it?"

"No, go ahead."

Mark leaned on the kitchen counter, next to Haechan who was cutting some spam. He put the cancer stick in between his lips and lit it up with his own lighter. He exhaled a puff of white smoke.

"Slow-paced suicide?" Haechan asked, his voice was bitter. Mark turned to him. Haechan wasn't keen on him smoking, Mark noticed since they accidentally met at Chanyeol's bar.

"I think so." Mark chuckled. He then ruffled Haechan's hair. "Don't worry, I'm not dying soon."

"Sorry to break this news to you, but you don't really have a full control over your life."

Mark pinched Haechan's cheek while laughing, which caused him to yelped. Taeyong couldn't help but being amazed by those two.

"So, Haechan," Taeyong spoke. He divided the fried rice into the plates while doing so. "You're a friend of Yukhei? I saw you with him at House of Beer a few days ago."

"Yeah. How do you know Yukhei?" Haechan asked.

"He's an intern at the Krispy Kreme in front of my office. A really nice guy, gives me free coffee sometimes." Taeyong smiled. "Are you guys dating?"

Mark stopped his smoking just to listen to Haechan's answer.

"No, no, no... No, we're not dating, hyung." Haechan chuckled, "I already have someone else in mind for so long. Yukhei is just being friendly, since I'm his roommate at the dorm."

"Ah, so you have a special someone?"

"I wouldn't say he's special." Haechan frowned, "It's kind of hard to explain, hyung."

"I see." Taeyong nodded.

Mark also nodded to himself and continued to smoke. He felt relieved, a cold, calming sensation washed over him. He didn't understand why.

They ate their breakfast in the living room, before the three of them parted ways. Taeyong went to work with a bus, while Mark and Haechan headed to the train station to catch a ride to Seoul Station.

"So, there's a special someone, eh?" Mark chuckled. They were sitting in the platform, waiting for their train.

"If that's the case, why would you care?" Haechan retorted. His eyes was glued on the concrete floor under their feet.

"Yah! Haechannie, I might be jealous." Mark pouted. He meant to tease Haechan, but the guy just snorted and rolled his eyes.

"Really?" Haechan chuckled and pushed Mark. His butt almost kissed the floor if Mark didn't stop himself for sliding off the bench.

Mark laughed along. Their train arrived the next minutes. The cars were packed, so Mark and Haechan stood chest to chest again. It was less awkward than the first time they did so. Mark had grown accustomed to Haechan's presence.

"So, do you have any classes today?" Mark asked. They were two stations away from Seoul Station.

Haechan nodded. "I only have one class, though. It starts at eleven and ends at two."

Mark nodded and they didn't speak to one another for the rest of the ride. It didn't feel very comfortable to talk anyway. They were squeezed, pressed against each other by the other passengers.

They got out at Seoul Station and walked to the front lobby. Another good bye for the day. Haechan hadn't mentioned if they would continue time traveling, that day.

"Haechan?"

"Hmm?"

Mark was dumbfounded when his eyes met Haechan's warm, brown orbs. There was a homey feeling in it, Mark wanted to stare at it for one more minute.

"Do you want to go out with me... again?" Mark asked. "Not dating, I mean... I want to go out again. I don't want to be in my house, with my parents... for now. I feel like they covered up something from me."

Haechan tilted his head to one side. He was taken aback when Mark asked him to hang out again. Haechan always treated him like he was the most annoying person, for the past three days. Mark didn't seem to mind, though.

Are you lonely, Haechan thought.

Mark scratched his nape. "Uh, if you don't want to, then that's okay. I don't know why I asked at the first place, maybe I'm just bored." Mark chuckled, wasn't aware that Haechan kept on staring at him. Mark avoided Haechan's eyes.

"Well... I better get going. Taeyong-hyung's floor was cold and hard. I want to take a nap." Mark saluted Haechan and walked away from the guy. Haechan rolled his eyes and called the older guy.

"Hey, Mark."

Mark stopped right on track and turned around. "Yes?"

"I think Jaemin wants to meet you again."

Mark frowned. "You mean... Jisung's friend from the orphanage?"

"You're the only one who understands what he feels, what he writes. He's starting to idolize you." Haechan said the last part with a soft smile.

"Okay, then." Mark beamed up, "I'll meet you at three, right here?"

"Alright. Just text me." Haechan waved. "See you later."

Mark waved back, and they really parted ways. Haechan went back to his dorm, while Mark headed to Gangnam. If only they could see each other...

Mark was grinning from ear to ear. Haechan's ears went red again, out of embarrassment. It felt good.

They felt comfortable with each other, and they were happy.