29

"You're not going to ditch me now, huh?" Mark asked Haechan. The bus was gliding through the highway, they were half an hour away from Seoul. It was Sunday morning, a week after their trip to Incheon.

"What makes you think of that?" Haechan retorted.

"I haven't started uni yet, and you're busy with your classes and your friend. I just like to be with you but it's impossible." Mark admitted. He wasn't sheepish about it, he wanted Haechan to know that he liked the guy's presence around.

"Of course I won't. You're free to call me a douchebag if I somehow does."

Mark snorted. "We'll see later, then."

They arrived in Seoul at ten in the morning, and they crashed in some random Japanese restaurant near the terminal. Haechan finally paid for this one, he insisted to.

Udon and okonomiyaki for breakfast.

While they were eating, Mark thought about their cheese ring proposal the night before. It was spontaneous, but Mark didn't see why it was such a bad idea. Haechan was a good person, and Mark thought it wouldn't be bad if they get married one day. Even though Mark wasn't sure that his parents would accept it, Mark knew he could find a job and make a living for both of them. If he couldn't find it here in South Korea, he would go back to Canada. Mark had friends there, they still chatted on Facebook once in awhile.

When they were finished, Mark hailed a taxi for them to go to Haechan's dorm. They stayed in the building's lobby for awhile, Mark was too lazy to go back home.

"Mark, they must have been looking for you." Haechan pushed him away when Mark tried to hug him.

"But I don't want to go home." Mark pouted. "You're very warm. You're my home."

"Mark..."

"At least let me hug you for awhile." Mark succeeded at pulling Haechan into a hug. They stayed in a hugging position for a few seconds before Haechan squirmed away.

"The security guard is staring." Haechan cleared his throat. "You have your hug, now off you go."

Mark ruffled Haechan's hair. "Do you want to go out with me?"

"Huh?"

"I'm asking you out on a date, Hyuckie."

Haechan stood still, he nervously chuckled. "Go home, Mark."

"Well, are you free later tonight? I'm feeling like taking Jisung, Jeno, and Jaemin to that steak restaurant near Seoul Station."

Haechan would like to have some alone time by himself, but he missed the boys too.

"Fine. I'll be there."

"Nah, I'll pick you up at six. Be ready!"

Haechan watched as Mark jogged away from the lobby. He sighed. Slowly he walked to the elevator inside and headed to his room. Yukhei was out, he had texted Haechan that he got a date with Renjun. Being left alone, Haechan's mind drifted back to the past six days.

They didn't do anything major, they slacked around in their guesthouse and only went out to get some food or go to the mall for entertainment. They didn't talk about what had happened, nor what they would do next. It was just one of those times where you don't care about anything else, you just want to live in the present. Savouring every precious second before it becomes a distant memory.

Haechan couldn't help but turned red when he remembered the cheese ring proposal. He threw himself on his bed and buried himself underneath the duvet.