20

Haechan's eyes fluttered open as the sun peeked in, and fell on him from in between the curtain. He grabbed his phone from underneath the pillow and checked the time.

6.37 am.

Haechan tried to remember whether he had a class or not that day, when he suddenly realized it was Saturday...

...and an arm was drapped around his waist.

Haechan glanced behind his shoulder and saw Mark, eyes closed and looking as peaceful as ever. He gulped. Mark really had not changed. He just grew taller and older. Inside, he was the same old Mark whom invited him to a sleepover every other day.

Slowly, Haechan turned around, trying not to wake him up. He examined every inches of Mark's face. How could an awkward boy he knew almost ten years ago grow into a fine young man?

All of a sudden, Mark opened his eyes and blinked for a couple of time before he focused on Haechan-who was panicking for awhile.

"What time is it?" Mark croaked out the question with a raspy voice.

"Twenty minutes to seven." Haechan answered.

Mark let go of Haechan's waist to stretched and put it back where it was. "Morning."

"Yes."

"We should go to sleep again." Mark muttered while chuckling. "It's very early... and you are very warm."

Haechan couldn't help but turned red from Mark's words. Thankfully, Mark's eyes were closed so he didn't get teased about it. Haechan didn't protest to Mark's suggestion, instead he stayed right where he was.

He always kept a distance in between Mark and him for the last five days, but Haechan guessed Mark really didn't change. He was still the same. So, Haechan let his guard down for a moment that time.

"You should stop smoking." Haechan said. "You smell like cigarette and I hate it."

"Hmm... I haven't found any other addictive substances for me to indulge, aside from nicotine and alcohol."

Haechan just stared at Mark's face before rolling his eyes and sighed. "You and your slow-paced suicide."

"If I remember it all-no, if I remember another tiny bit of the past by the end of our time travel, probably I will stop." Mark rested his chin on top of Haechan's head. "I don't know. I don't think living a life has a meaning if you don't even know your past. They're correlated. The past, the present, and the future."

Haechan didn't answer, instead he started to lift his hand, tracing Mark's prominent jaw. Mark hummed in comfort, pulling Haechan even closer. None of them really minded their position because it felt right. There was no word that could describe their feelings, it was just there. A pleasant warmth, lingered around their intertwined body.

Of course, they needed to be reminded that it was neither of their places, it was the orphanage where they stayed.

Someone slammed the door opened and cheerfully greeted them.

"Hyuck hyung! Mark hyung! Rise and shine! Let's have breakfast to-OH MY GOD!"

Haechan groaned at his reaction. Mark just laughed, but he didn't let go of Haechan.

"JENO-YA! MY EYES HAVE BEEN CONTAMINATED!"

Haechan sat up as Jaemin walked away from the room. "Sorry about that. Jaemin is the most conventional human being in this orphanage. That's why Jeno is going nowhere when it comes to building a far more relationship with him."

"That's okay." Mark grabbed Haechan's wrist, "Come here again."

"No. I bet Jaemin is telling Jeno and Jisung right now... Probably Eunji and the rest of the orphanage too, if we're not lucky. Get up."