✔️Chapter 5: Who Is It?

Chapter 5: Who Is It?
Vince's Office
Arena
8:34 PM
Lydian's POV:

I stared at Vince as he stared back.

It was like we were having a staring contest, which I guess we were.

He had told me to tell him who hired me but I refused.

He told me not to unless my life or job depended on it.

Vince finally groaned and blinked as I leaned back and smirked in victory "Don't worry Vincent, it'll be a bombshell. And......it'll set up for an amazing storyline"

He rolled his eyes but smiled a little.

"So anything else Vincent?" I asked, curious on why he really brought me here.

He nodded and looked through some papers before handing me a stack.

"You are as good as Dusty when it comes to spotting potential talent. Look through those and tell me which 5 you would send to NXT if you could right now and which 5 you would have go to the main roster" he told me while he pulled out his phone making me nod and roll my eyes.

The files were of the following people:

Bobby Roode
AJ Styles
Eva Marie
Kalisto
Sasha Banks
Paige
Emma
Becky Lynch
Charlotte Flair
Tyler Breeze
Braun Strowman
Prince Devitt/ Finn Bálor
Alexa Bliss
Buddy Murphy
Dana Brooke
Sami Zayn
Shinsuke Nakamura
Apollo Crews

I picked up a pin and checked the 5 names I would put immediately on the main roster.

AJ Styles✔️
Bobby Roode✔️
Paige✔️
Prince Devitt/Finn Bálor ✔️
Tyler Breeze✔️
Shinsuke Nakamura✔️

I put a circle next to the ones I would sent to NXT

Alexa Bliss ⭕️
Charlotte Flair⭕️
Emma⭕️
Becky Lynch⭕️
Sasha Banks⭕️
Bayley⭕️
Braun Strowman⭕️
Kalisto⭕️
Dana Brooke⭕️
Apollo Crews⭕️
Sami Zayn⭕️

And I'm sorry but I don't see Buddy Murphy or Eva Marie benefiting us anytime soon.

Vince looked through the ones I checked and nodded in agreement "I agree. Except Paige, I know we need more women but we'll give her 6 more months down their. We'll bring Breeze up in a couple months and for those others, once their contracts with NJPW and ROH ends then we'll sign them. What about Eva and Buddy?"

I shrugged "I'm not gonna diss them, but I don't think currently Buddy is really gonna fit in with our wrestling style right now. He's more high flyer. We are slowly going their but he's just be wasted. And about Eva, just no"

He chuckled and puts them away before getting serious.

"Lydian, who else knows? And when were you gonna tell me? I had Cody tell me" he told me in all seriousness making me feel a little bad.

I sighed and played with the sleeve of my jacket and shrugged "I don't know. Nobody but Cody and Dusty know. And I just......I just hate it. I hate the fact I'm related to him. I hate that they abandoned me. But at the same time, I'm so grateful. Because of them I met my best friend, I met my older brother, I met my father, I met my real family. I met you and Stephanie and Shane and Hunter. I met Dusty and Dustin and Cody. I met Zack and Nicholas (Dolph) and Mike. I met Randal and Bob. I met Shawn, Steve, Mark, Glenn, Terry and everyone else. Vincent, they aren't my family. You guys are" I finished with tears in my eyes as Vince didn't hesitate to stand and pull me in a hug as I tried to control my emotions.

We stayed like that for awhile until the door opened but Vince just held me tightly to him.

"What do you want Cena? Next time knock" he barked and I could just imagine John's wide eyes.

Vince was almost never rude to John so I was a little shocked too.

"I-I was just coming to talk to you about my surgery. I'm sorry for bother you Sir, but is Lydia okay?" He asked, seeming concerned which just made me want to cry at the memories.

I never cry in front of people. I only get ready eyes but then I stop.

Vince shook his head and sighed "Okay John. Take September off, I'll see you in October then. She's not but it's not your concern. You don't care for.....never mind, please just leave John. Me and Lydia will be done in 5 minutes"

I heard the door shut quietly so I finally moved away from Vince.

He kissed my head and told me to relax in my locker room until later tonight.

I hugged him again before slowly making my way out of his office.

I rubbed my eyes to make sure the tears were gone before making my way down the secluded hallway toward my locker room.

But sadly fate hates me, because I ran into three tall men before I could reach it.

It was The SHIELD.

I had to hold back my eye roll as they tried to surround me and intimidate me.

"What's a little girl like you doing out here all alone for?" Ambrose questioned making me want to slap the taste out of his mouth.

I took a deep breath "Please go away, I'm not in the mood right now"

I begged slightly and they all noticed as they studied me.

They closed in on me until my back was touching the wall.

Roman sent me a little smirk as he reached a hand up and laid it gently on my cheek.

I sighed and closed my eyes, already tired of them but to exhausted to push them away.

"Babygirl, do you know who we are?" He asked in a whisper and all I could do was nod slowly.

He smirked a little more at my nod "Good. So you know we serve justice right? And we know you are a hired Assasin. Now, The Authority has put a hit out on your babygirl"

My eyes widened but Seth jumped in "But we're not gonna hurt you Sweetheart. We can see exactly who you are and what you can do."

"So we have an offer. We went you to be the SHIELD'S Princess" Dean said which just gave me shivers.

Something about her twisted smirk just didn't settle right.

"The SHIELD'S Girl" Seth whispered

Roman nodded "Our Assasin, Our Queen, Babygirl. So what do you say? Will you join the hounds?"

All I could do was stare in shock.

He had predicted they would come to me sooner or later but this was very much sooner.

They noticed my hesitation and shared a nod.

"It's okay Sweetheart, take all the time to think you need" Seth said as he kissed my hand.

"But we do expect an answer" Dean said as he kissed my other hand.

Roman smirked and kissed my cheek "Believe that"

They all walked away without another glance as I could just stare at them wide eyed.

Once I finally shook out of my state of shock I quickly pulled out my phone and dialed his number as I jogged down to my locker room for privacy.

How did he know that was gonna happen, how did he know?

Word Count: 1200 Words