✔️Chapter 30: Digging Up The Past

Chapter 30: Digging Up The Past

Italian Restaurant
Later That Night
Lydia's POV:

I laughed at Bryan's joke along with the rest of the table.

It was the usual crowd, Bryan, Cena, Bella's, April, Phil, and Randal.

We went out as a group once or twice a week just cause we could and we usually made John pay because, why not? Hehehehe

Everyone was laughing and joking except for Phil. Which honestly made me confused because he's the comedian of the group.

I decided to wait till we were leaving before saying anything, taking the time to observe.

He rarely joined in the conversation and when the food came be just pushed it around, not even trying to eat which got me worried.

Finally it was time to leave and I told Randal to wait for me to I pulled Phil to the side.

"Dude, tell me what's wrong" I demanded of him making him sigh and look anywhere but in my eyes.

I sighed in worry "Philly? Are you okay?"

He shook his head slowly "No Lyd, I'm hurt. Physically. I have this huge infection right below my waistband on my ass and it hurts but Doctor Amann says it's fine"

I gasped in almost shock but also sympathy.as I hugged him gently.

"I'm so sorry, why didn't you tell me? I would get you time off!" I said, breaking the silence we had around us.

The tension was thick and awkward but neither of us acknowledged it as he shook his head in disagreement "No Lydian. That's why. The Rumble is coming up and I NEED to win. I can't take time off now and especially when the doctor won't even diagnose anything"

"Phil ple-" I was interrupted

He rolled his eyes and stood up straight "No Lydian, leave it alone"

"I'm trying to look out for you!" I get a little angry when he tells me to leave it alone.

He shakes his head once more "Well I NEVER ASKED YOU TO! OKAY?!"

Most people would get upset but I fight fire with fire so instead of walking away I shoved him slightly and yelled "WELL SOMEONE HAS TO BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY YOU CAN'T TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!"

He glared at me with so much anger "I CAN'T?! WHO IS THE ONE WHO LET HERSELF GET ROOFIED AND THEN RAPED BY SOMEONE? WHO IS THE ONE THAT LET SHANE PLAY YOU?!"

I felt my wall of anger tumble as I was hit by betrayal.

"You had to play that card Phillip? You don't see me bringing up your fuck boy days, do you Chick-Magnet Punk" I said mockingly as he stepped back at my glare.

He rolled his eyes again and folded his arms "Okay Cena, or should I call you Andrews since your real family never wanted you cause you were and still are a fucking BRAT!"

I felt my eyes widen as I couldn't believe what he said. It seemed neither could he as he looked back at me with regret but I didn't dare wait for him to say anything.

I shoved past him and ran to the car where everyone was waiting as they stared at me in pity.

They had heard everything.

"Lydian"

"Get in the car Randal" I said, still seething mad which thankfully he listened and we drove away.

We drove in complete silence as I glared out the window as his words played on a loop in my head. I couldn't believe that asshole!

Randal coughed to gain my attention as I glanved over to him "Lyd, I'm sorry for what he said. He had no right to say that"

I just nodded, not bothering to reply as I felt my phone buzz repeatedly.

"How fucking dare he?! All I was trying to do was help that dick and he basically threw it back in my face! How dare he dig up my past!" I basically growled out in anger.

Randal sighed "I know Lydie, but you know how Punk is. Maybe you could try talking to him, you know he's to prideful"

I turned and glared at him, making him stare intently at the road ahead. "He's a dick that's what he is! He should apologize to me! I told him those things in confidence and he just acts like it's nothing!"

Randal didn't respond as I continued to glare out the window as I tried to calm down.

My phone buzzed and I grabbed it, ignoring the messages from my friends as I opened his message.

MrHeyman: It is done Ms. Cena. You will face Randy Orton for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at the 2014 Royal Rumble. Congratulations and make me proud

I smirked and shut off my phone as I turned to Randal, my best friend, my opponent......My Victim.

"Well Mr. Orton, you're looking at the next WWE World Heavyweight Champion come Royal Rumble"

Word Count: 824 Words

(Total filler chapter, I blanked for awhile, I'm trying to hurry this along to the Rumble but also lay groundwork for Punk's walkout)