✔️Chapter 8: Being Distant

Chapter 8: Being Distant
At The Hotel
Lydia's Room
Wednesday Morning
Lydian's POV:

I felt my phone buzz and buzz but I just completely ignored it, knowing who it was.

Randy and Phil had probably explained to the others, minus Goldie, what happened so they wouldn't bother me.

I didn't want to tell Goldie because......I just knew he would pity me and get made at his brother but it's my fault.

It really is.

I was dumb enough to fall for my best friend.

I knew SmackDown tapings were in a few so I had to head to the arena but I really didn't want too.

I changed into regular blue jeans, black and blue sneakers and a black crop top with a Rey Mysterio hoodie while I let my hair fall down my back in natural waves.

I grabbed my phone and gym bag and made my way to the parking lot, making sure I didn't run into anyone who would bother me right now.

It was only a 10 minute drive until I made it to the arena and I quickly found my dressing room.

I locked the door before collapsing on the couch and texting Hunter to come and get me when or if I was needed.

I smiled slightly when I read Shea's message.

IrishShea: Hey little fella, I'm sorry, ik u don't wanna be bothered right now, but if u r up for it tomorrow night, wanna go and get dinner with me and go to this pub? I miss hanging out

I replied with an Of course since I did miss Shea a lot but we both got quite busy most times.

I didn't respond to anyone else as I just laid down on the couch with my eyes closed.

After what felt like 20 minutes someone knocked at my door, and me thinking it was Hunter opened it to see Goldie with a huge frown, making me feel guilty.

He didn't bother to speak as he walked past me and sat on the couch, head in his hands as he sighed and I sat next to him.

"What happened Lyd? Why are you distancing yourself? What did I do? I'm sorry for whatever I did" he practically begged making what was left of my heart drop to my stomach.

I didn't bother to answer as I threw myself into him and in his lap as I hugged him, which surprised him but nonetheless he hugged back tightly, not wanting to let me go.

Eventually we pulled away and I sighed as I knew I would have to explain "I'm sorry Dustin. It's just, I saw Cody and Summer kiss. And he didn't push her away. And like I know I'm being emotional and childish but it hurt and I thought it was better to just stay away for a few days"

I could feel Goldie's anger from here, radiating off of him like heat as he stood up and growled.

"What the fuck? They kissed?! You are not being childish nor emotional! I know you are in love with him Lydian! And that stupid asshole is either so oblivious it hurts or he's just a complete dick and I'm not okay either either! I'm telling Dad" he said before kissing my cheek and walking out before I could even say a word.

I could just sit there in shock.

Okay, I did kinda know that was gonna happen, but dang, didn't even let me speak huh?

I just laid back on the couch and set my alarm for when SmackDown taping ended and took a nice hour long nap.

Finally once they were over I tried to sneak my way out of the arena but I saw Cody out of the corner of my eye talking with Dolph.

Dolph looked angry and irritated while Cody looked nervous and worried.

I just stared at them as they didn't notice me but soon a still fuming Dustin marched over to them and before anyone could speak, slapped Cody, making me gasp in shock.

Everyone turned to me and with that I ran to my car, hoping they didn't come after me.

I glanced behind me and saw both Dustin and Dolph holding him back, gotta remember to thank them later.

I jumped in my car and drove away, not daring look back at him once.

Word Count: 735 Words