✔️Chapter 7: The Podcast

Chapter 7: The Podcast
Westwood One
Podcast: Lydia's Talk
Host: Lydia Rose
Co-Host: Conrad Thompson
Episode 13: Backstage In Wrestling
Lydia's POV:

I fixed my glasses as me and Conrad started the show.

Lydia: Hello all our listeners and welcome to Lydia's Talk. For new listeners I am Lydia Rose the host and WWE Wrestler.

Conrad: And I am Conrad Thompson the co-host is Lydia's Talk. Today we will be taking a trip back in time with Lydia as she recalls her early friendships and early years in wrestling.

Lydia: Before we begin, please check out our earlier episodes. Please rate us and leave feedback and at the end of the show we will be taking questions.

Conrad: Ready Lydia?

Lydia: Let's go then.

Conrad: Okay let's talk about the first time you went to a wrestling event.

Lydia: I was I believe 11 or 12. I had been watching WWF and WCW my entire life. I went to a WWF house show and me and my Aunt got backstage tickets so we headed backstage. The first person I ran into was the Rattlesnake Steve Austin. We took a picture and I told him how I loved wrestling and wanted to be a wrestler and change everything. He told me to do exactly that and raise hell. I don't know why he took an interest in a little girl like me but that was the beginning for me.

Conrad: So did Stone Cold introduce you to anyone else?

Lydia: Everyone. I got to take pictures and talks with The Rock, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Kane, Undertaker, Triple H, Stephanie and Shane McMahon, JBL, Paul Bearer, Lita, Trish, Candice, Sable. I even got to meet Vince McMahon.

Conrad: From your memory, what was that first time like meeting Vince McMahon? Someone you had grown up watching take over the Wrestling world.

Lydia: It was like meeting a king Conrad. I was so nervous. He kneeled next to me and shook my hand and introduced himself and I said I already knew him because I loved WWF and was gonna work here once I got older. He just smiled and asked what I would do when I got here. And I told him, and my memory isn't amazing but this conversation has always been very vivid in my mind. I said, Mr. McMahon Sir, I'm gonna change the wrestling world forever. I'm gonna change what eh word Diva means. I'm gonna fight men. I'm gonna be the best. I'm gonna make everyone see, women can do everything a man can. I'm gonna be the best. And I remember hearing clapping and I looked around and all The Divas and most the roster was surrounding us, clapping loudly. I remember Vince looked so proud and he nodded and hugged me before telling me he was gonna help me do just that. And then I met my best friend.

Conrad: Cody Rhodes right?

Lydia: Yeah Conrad. Dusty walked over to me with his son Dustin AKA Goldust and they both smiled and Dusty said in that amazing lisp and accent, he knew I was gonna change the world and he was gonna be there every step of the way. Then a little boy, not much older than me, maybe 13 or 14 and he ran to Dusty and asked who I was as he stared at me. I remember thinking that boy was really cute. Dusty told him I my name was Lydia and I was the future of women's wrestling. Cody just smiled that cute smile he does, I held out my hand for him to shake and he pulled me into a hug before whispering he's gonna be the future too. So we should be the future together. To change wrestling. And I agreed and ever since that day, for over a decade now me and Cody have been best friends. His family, is my family. And I love them all deeply.