Never Too Far Away

Mya's P.O.V.

Inuyasha's funeral was a blurr.  It was like I was there but I wasn't. To a point like an out of body experience. I remember everything everyone did and said including myself but it was like I was depressed.  This should have been a happy time I finally had Cole back yet I was depressed. I know I told Inuyasha I wouldn't blame myself but apart of me did.  It couldn't be helped.  Mason crawled up to me reaching out his arms for me to pick him up. That was one of the good things too Mason started crawling and he's only four months. He's a royal so I guess it's expected.  I picked him up and rocked him. He pat my back as if he knew I was grieving and was trying to comfort me.  Our short moment was interrupt by my vision being blurred by the same white light that occured when I found Mason. Which meant this was the moon goddess.   "Hello Mya it's been a while." She said.  "Yes it has. Did I do something wrong?" I ask.  I know but still one has to ask with the resent events.   "No you haven't. I have some news to tell you and I know you will not take it well but it is what has to be." She stated sadly which made me look at her in confusion.    "What do you mean?" Confusion lacing my tone.   "Mason must go with the counsel the threat that was resent is no more. He needs his training you have protected him as long as you were suppose to. You are safe and so is he you have done your job extremely well." She said and I gasped.    "No you can't just take him!" I screamed.   "Mya this isn't your choice. This is his destiny he is meant to be king you know that. With everything comes sacrifice. You must sacrifice the bond and love you have for Mason so that all werewolf being shall remain. If Mason doesn't leave with the counsel he won't become king."  She told me softly.      "I can't let go. He will never know me he will forget me." I sobbed.   "You will always have a connection to him and he will always be in your heart. Cherish that. He will take over a pack and become the king he was meant to be and he will be happy. Isn't that what you want?" She asked me.  I sighed, "All I want is his happiness."      "Ok you will wake up from this and say goodbye to him the counsel will be here in five minutes. I will see you soon." With that she sent me back to the real world in a mess of tears.  I kissed and hugged Mason telling him how much I loved him. That I would see him again one day when there was a knock on the door. My breath was cought in my throat I couldn't breathe. I slowly got up to answer it.  "Are you Mya Anderson also known as Anya the Luna and Queen?"  A lady said.  "Yes I am she."     "I am Bonnet from the counsel I am here to for Mason. This here is Adam, Franklin,Montgomery and Phyllis." She said holding out her hand and they did the same. I shook each one but was sceptical.  How do I know these people are from the counsel.   "They are." Anya said.  "How do you know?"       "Our child has inherited her father's gift so temporarily it's our's and she's not lying but then again you knew that you're trying to find fault in them." She was right I am and I do.    "I apologize for spacing but I must be honest this is a little emotional for me. So if you please take forgive me I'm going to run upstairs you must take him quickly. I prepared his diaper bag for you." I said handing it to her and kissing Mason. Before before handing him to her I whispered to him. "I'm never too far away."  As I pointed to his heart.  I turned to leave and he began to cry which broke my heart.  I was half way upstairs when I heard the door close. Sinking to the floor I started to sob harder. "Luna?" Eva called me but I didn't respond.  "Luna are you ok?"   I stood up to walk away but quickly came back down and black dots blurred my vision.  "Luna!" She scream.   The last thing I remember is pack and covenant members rushing,out of their rooms and Eva whispering that Cole was on his way.

Cole's P.O.V

I was out with Justin helping him pick out Sabrina's engagement ring. I had to admit I was looking for Mya's too.  I found one I know for sure Mya would like and had it wrapped.  After two hours we finally found Sabrina's.  I decided to stop and get Mya's favorite smoothie I know she would want one. "Alpha come to the pack house right away."  Eva linked me.   "What ever it is I'll be there shortly." I replied thinking it was minor.  "It's the Luna, Alpha she's in trouble I think she's in shock." I could tell Eva was panicking.    "Where is Jack?"  I remained come.  "He's carrying her to the hospital hall now."  She said back quickly.   "I'm on my way." I didn't have time to explain things to Justin. I'm just glad he saw me run out and followed. I had to get home to my mate,  my beloved. I knew she was was grieving badly I had no idea how much. I could have kicked myself for leaving her alone. I drove as fast as I could. It was a good thing that the officers I passed were a part of the pack or I would have been delayed perhaps in jail. I hopped out the car quickly running into the house and to the room Mya was in.  Jack currently had her hooked up to oxygen as well as other machines.  "What's wrong with her?"  I asked with obvious concern.  "She and the baby went into shock."  Jack said.    "Are they going to be ok?"       "Yes but she's overly stressed right now so until I clear her she is to be on bed rest." He said hooking her up to the ultrasound allowing me to see that my child was ok for myself. 

justin rushed into the room.  "Cole we can't find Mason." He was out of breath.   "Maybe she took him to your mom." I suggested.   "No we didn't notice it before but there are scents here a mixture of scents. I already ask my parents and they don't have Mason."  He growled.    I gently tapped Mya I had to know what happened if somebody kidnapped him I need to know now so I can catch them before it's too late.  She sprang up looking around the room then her eyes went dull and she started crying.  "Mya baby what happen? Nobody can find Mason so I really need you to tell me." I pleaded her.   I could tell she tried but the only thing that came out were sobs.  I did the only thing I knew of. I searched her memory.  I couldn't believe it. She had to go through that alone she didn't have time to prepare herself or come to terms with anything.  I grabbed her and held her tight. I didn't tell her it was going to be ok because I knew that we would never be the family we wanted to be without him. Mason was our son and they took him.  I didn't even get to say goodbye.  They could have given us more time. I held her until she fell asleep. The only thing that kept me calm was what she told Mason. We're never too far away. I just wish he could be here to see us get married.