Chapter 30

Tina stepped under the large marquee, with Newt by her side, and was immediately blasted by a warm wall or air, despite the frigid winter weather outside. Queenie was standing at the front of the aisle, talking animatedly to Jacob.

       "Queenie, did you use magic to heat this place up?" Tina asked, with raised eyebrows as she approached her sister.

       Queenie looked at the ground sheepishly. "Maybe...But look, Teenie," she added under Tina's disapproving stare. "I have space heaters around the perimeter, the guests will just think the warmth is from those!

       There were indeed multiple space heaters stationed around the edge of the tent. At the front of the tent, there was a large open space, with a podium in the middle, from which hung a wreath of flowers. Dozens of fold-out chairs had been arranged in neat rows, and behind the chairs was another empty space, which was mainly taken up by a buffet table. Wedding bells, balloons, and more flowers decorated the area, and the aisle had been lined with bouquets.

       Tina sighed. "I'll let it slide, since today's your wedding day," she said warningly, but she couldn't keep a smile from spreading across her face. The atmosphere was just too joyous.

       "The guests should be arriving at any moment," Jacob informed, bouncing on the balls of his feet to peer over Tina and Newt.

       "Queenie, you'd better get dressed, then," Tina said. "Newt, can you stay here and tell them where to sit? Jacob will need to get ready too, and you're the only one left, since I'll be helping Queenie..."

       Newt looked nervous at the idea of greeting total strangers, but agreed nevertheless. "Yes, of course," he said, pulling at his bow tie apprehensively.

       Tina flashed him a quick, grateful smile, knowing how hard it was for the socially awkward Englishman to interact with other humans. It was the same for her, really, although her case wasn't as severe.

       "Thanks, Newt," Queenie chirped. "You're real sweet."

       The blonde witch turned to Jacob, who grinned at her both excitedly and nervously. "Well," he said, as he headed off to change into his tuxedo. "I'll see you in a bit!" 

       Queenje waved happily at him, and she and Tina headed off into the opposite direction, ducking through a flap in the marquee tent that led to an enclosed changing room. Tina caught a glimpse of Newt standing in the aisle awkwardly, anticipating the guests. 

       In the changing room, Queenie's wedding dress hung neatly from a hanger, a pair of glittering high heels on the floor next to it. There was a mirror at one side of the room, and a small table with a variety of makeup items lying on it.

       "I'm so excited, Teen!" Queenie squealed. "I can't believe I'm getting married!"

       "I'm truly happy for you," Tina told her sister as she gave her a hug. There was a trace of sadness in her voice, though. The Auror couldn't help but feel a little remorseful at the thought of her beloved younger sister going away to live in an apartment with Jacob, after all the years they had spent together, raising and looking after the other. 

       "Aw, Teenie," Queenie sighed. "I won't be moving out right away, I can still stay with you for a bit!" she said, in hopes of trying to cheer Tina up.

       Tina felt a deep stab of guilt at being so selfish on her sister's wedding day. "Don't worry about me," she replied quickly. "I'm fine. Now, why don't you put your wedding dress on?"

       Queenie's eyes, if possible, became brighter as she caught sight of her pale pink dress. Tina turned away respectfully as her sister changed into it.