Chapter 35

"WAKE UP, TEENIE! IT'S CHRISTMAS!"

       Tina awoke to her sister's voice screaming into her ear. She groaned and blinked her eyes blearily, only to find Queenie's face less than an inch away from, hers. The brunette let out a yelp of surprise and toppled out of bed, hitting the hardwood floor in a tangle of blankets. 

       "Mercy Lewis, Queenie! Don't do that!" Tina complained, rubbing her aching ear. 

       "But it's Christmas!" Queenie pouted. She was still dressed in her pajamas, as was their custom on Chirstmas Day.

       It's Christmas!  Tina brightened up as this news sunk in. She heaved herself off the floor and tossed her blankets back onto her bed, not bothering to make it. 

       "Come on," she said to Queenie. "Let's go wake the others."

       The Goldstein sisters made their way down the hall merrily, Queenie skipping, and Tina occasionally bouncing on her feet excitedly. They reached Newt's room first, and Queenie brutally slammed open the door, making a loud banging sound.

       "Don't wake him like that! " Tina hissed irritably, but her tone held a trace of fondness.

       "WAKE UP, NEWT! IT'S CHRISTMAS!" Queenie yelled, cupping her hands around her mouth for added effect. 

       Newt jerked awake and let out a muffled grunt of surprise, tumbling out of bed, like Tina did. His eyes widened upon seeing the two in his room, and he tugged his covers up around him, which proved difficult to do, as he was lying on the floor. 

       "What is it?" he said blearily, rubbing his eyes.

       "Sorry, I told her not to do that," Tina said, with a glare at her beaming sister. "It's Christmas, though."

       Newt's face lit up with childlike excitement at this. "Christmas!" he exclaimed, throwing his blankets away and getting swiftly to his feet.

       He stood there for a second, then blushed, embarrassed. "I'm erm – still in my pajamas," he mumbled.

       "So are we," Tina pointed out, feeling slightly self-conscious now.

       "Don't worry," Queenie added cheerfully. "That's the whole point! Now hurry up you two, we still gotta wake Jacob!"

       She bounded out of the room, and Tina, after sharing an amused glance with Newt, hurried after her. The trio paused outside Jacob's room. 

       "Queenie, don't yell this time–" Tina began. 

       It was too late. Queenie lifted her foot up and kicked open the door, again resulting in another ear-shattering bang as the door crashed agaisnt the wall. Tina shook her head and sighed, wondering how their apartment was still in one piece.

       "JACOB!" Queenie screamed.

       Tina and Newt flinched at her loud voice. The Auror half-glanced at the window in the room, and was almost surprised to see that it hadn't cracked. Yet. 

       Jacob sat bolt upright in his bed, waking up in a second. "Huh?!" he mumbled, confused. "There a murderer inside the house? Burglar? Fire?"

       Queenie giggled and went over to swat him playfully around the head. "No, silly, it's Chirstmas!"

       Jacob's face broke into a wide grin at these words, similar to Tina's and Newt's reactions. It was clear that they were all children at heart. Queenie planted a kiss on Jacob's lips, while the other two looked away pointedly. Newt pretended to gag beside her, and Tina laughed, miming throwing up in return.