Chapter 36

Tina jumped as her bedroom door was thrown open. She sighed when she saw that it was Queenie, who was looking cheerfully determined. The blonde stepped in, and slammed the door closed again, without a care in the world.

       "What do you want?" Tina groaned, hurrying over to check if there had been any damage to the wall.

       "Teen, you and I are gonna have a good, long, girls' talk right now," Queenie instructed, grabbing her sister by the arm and dragging her over to her bed.

       Tina shook her head irratatedly, having a pretty clear idea of where this was going to go, but Queenie ignored it and flopped down on the bed beside her instead.

       "I have things I need to do," Tina said briskly.

       "You weren't doing anything when I came in," Queenie retorted.

       Tina sighed. She might as well just get it over with, or else Queenie would keep on badgering her with relentless enthusiasm. "Fine, but make it quick," she resolved.

       "Okay, then," Queenie began brightly. "When are you gonna tell Newt you love him?"

       "Maybe sometime in the next millennia," Tina muttered under breath.

       Queenie narrowed her blue eyes. "Seriously, Teenie. When will you tell him? When, when, when?"

       "Queenie, I know he doesn't feel the same way," Tina said.

       "How would you know?" Queenie challenged.

       "Well then, since you're the Legilimens here, can't you just tell me?" she asked impatiently.

       "I made a promise, Teen. I told him I wouldn't tell you, but just trust me on this one, 'kay?" her sister begged.

       Tina huffed, and crossed her arms. She didn't say anything.

       "If he said anything bad, don'tcha think I would have told you?" Queenie persisted.

       Tina mulled this over. Of course Queenie would have told her if Newt had said anything negative about her. That was just the type of person she was. Good and honest. Sometimes too honest, if truth be told.

       "Yes," Tina admitted. 

       "So when are you gonna tell Newt you love him?" her sister pressed eagerly. "He ain't gonna wait forever, and we both know he's too socially awkward to tell you first."

       She paused, then added as an afterthought, "Well, actually, neither of you are real great with expressing your feelings through words..."

       "That's encouraging," Tina snorted.

       "Anyways, you have to tell him!" Queenie said.

       "That I love him?" Tina stalled, feigning confusion and arranging a blank look across her face.

       "Don't play stupid, Teen, I know full well that you're perfectly clear on what I'm talking about," Queenie said sternly, raising her eyebrows at the brunette. "I know you love him, Jacob knows you love him, even you know you love him, the only one that still needs to be clued in is him! "

       "I know I love him. You don't need to tell me that," Tina mumbled.

       A set of footsteps was receding down the hall outside the door, and both sisters grew momentarily silent. It was probably just Newt or Jacob going down to the bathroom or something.