Chapter 31

His Happiest Memory - Part 3 

A tall and beautiful lady carrying a sleeping girl looked down at two children of six or seven with mild curiosity. 

Killian looked at the woman, "I've never seen you before." 

Norian came over to stand by his mother. He patted his little sister's head, "Lorali is getting prettier every day." He looked over to Killian, "Where are you from, little boy?" 

"The countryside." Killian said quickly, he squeezed Cy's hand. The little girl at his side smiled up at the lady, "My mom and dad are waiting for us." She turned around and pulled the Killian away. She waved at the mother and son in the courtyard, "Bye, scary lady and her scary son!" 

Lady Celia's smile seemed frozen on her face, Norian just smiled and waved back. 

"Did you see?" Lady Celia asked quietly. Norian nodded, "His clothes are of the palace but, I've never seen any servant as poorly dressed as he."

Lady Celia frowned, "He bears a striking resemblance to... no it couldn't be. That child has eyes as red as blood. I saw them myself the day he was born."  She muttered to herself looking worried. 

Her son was an illegitamate child of the king, but with their magic, Norian taking the throne would be a matter of time. 

But what if the eldest prince had been cured? She dared not to think of that possiblity. Would the king, who was said to love that spawn's mother more than any other woman, allow that cursed spawn back onto the throne? Lady Celia felt fear claw at her insides. 

Norian looked at his mother's expression and offered, "Let's kill them." 

He smiled, "The cloak had my magic on it, it'll be easy to follow." 

Lady Celia breathed a sigh of relief and patted the boy, "Then, I'll have my men do it, all you have to do tonight is enjoy the festivities." The boy smiled, "Thank you, mother."

Killian and Cy walked until they found a road that lead to a side door of the palace.

Cy shuddered. Her face was turning paler and paler. Killian noticed and took the cloak, "What's wrong?"

She frowned, "I don't know. I feel...dizzy."

Suddenly she fell down. Killian yelped and tried to catch her.

He dragged the little girl to a bench and took out a flask of water from his pouch. Her skin was becoming paler and paler. Killian took a few deep breathes to try and calm himself down.

Cy woke up and smiled, "Sorry, I got really tired. I do that sometimes." Then a horrified look came to her eyes.

Killian's heart lurched as the little girl pushed him away.

A sword cut through the air between them, and a voice grunted in dissatisfaction. Cy was thrown to the ground and she did not move.

Three men appeared. They grinned as they looked at the two little children and pointed swords in their directions, the swords glowed with magic.

Killian stood up, in his hands two balls of fire appeared. He didn't have time to deal with this now, he had to go check on Cy. 

Their smiled died on their lips as they felt the heat of his power. But before they had a chance to scream, they turned to dust.

Killian looked around, confused. He hadn't even attacked yet.

A ring of green magic appeared and encased them in a clear, green bubble. Killian and Cy disappeared from the outside world.