Chapter 84

Cybelline was brought in chains through a secret corridor at the base of the Goddess Gardens. Her wary guards eyed her with hawkish attention as they walked through the long tunnel.

Cybelline looked at everything with the curiosity of a tourist and leaned over to her guard.

"Does the City of Light glow in the dark?"

The guard looked straight forward and said nothing.

Cybelline continued to talk aloud, "Because for a hidden city, the name is a dead give away of its location."

The guard chose to ignore this.

They arrived at the Hall of Light. Here magical orbs floated above, reflecting on the marble floors as if stars in the dark purple sky. Columns and curves of elegant architecture stated the simple yet delicate tastes of its mistress.

She sat like a goddess on the marble throne, a wreath of roses and pearls atop her anointed head, a symbol of her immense power and one-ness with nature.

Cybelline looked at the woman whose wise smile seemed quizzical and impartial.

"Kneel." The guard commanded and moved to kick her knee. Cybelline easily evaded the gesture.

"Not interested." She said with a polite smile. Yet there was something about her gaze that made his body freeze all over.  He took an involuntary step back in fear.

"That's enough." The Lady of Light raised a hand and gave an apologetic smile, "You aren't suppose to be in chains. Release her. She is a guest."

"And some water, please. Trying to get captured is hard work." Cybelline said. The guards looked confused but the Lady merely nodded, "Do as she says"

The guard nodded and worked to take the chains off Cybelline's hands. Cybelline grinned and winked at him as he handled her a jeweled cup "Don't you wish you treated me better now?"

With a wave of her hands, the lady of light dismissed the chagrinned guards.

The Lady of Light studied the young woman, "Why have you come here?"

"Why have you been looking for me?" Cybelline asked as she sipped the cool contents.

The Lady of Light sighed, "Killian has been asking for you."

Cybelline looked at the contents in her cup, "And I assume he's well?"

"Yes. He will be fine." The Lady of Light said cooly, "But tell me, how is it that you escaped unscathed by the Fae?"

"He did something stupid, but admirable." Cybelline shrugged, "The idiot blocked the knife meant for me."

The Lady of Light sighed, "Men. Sometimes if they just used their minds, then they won't have to sacrifice their bodies. Enough of my idiot child. Tell me about you."

Cybelline smiled. "I'm sure you've already done your homework."

The Lady raised her eyebrows, "Can you blame me? You magically walked into Killian's life and have a mysterious past. One that even my spies can't seemed to find any information on. All I know is that you can some magic and that you have an insane servant whom screams in horror every time he hears your name."

"He could be screaming in joy." Cybelline said, a little offended.

The lady of light ignored this, "Killian is like a son to me. You have to understand that I do not want him to fall for someone who is wrong for him."

"Ahh." Cybelline gestured to herself, "I think you might be a little late to the party."

"You are...as interesting as he says you are." The Lady said with a smile, "But I have ways to make sure that he won't miss you."