Chapter 71

"What? You're going to leave tonight?" Estelle said, her voice going up an octave at the last two words. She frowned, "So soon? But I haven't had enough of you yet!"

Killian glanced at the Queen of spies. Estelle felt a shiver as she felt the cold glare.

"My family has gone to Londaros and I will be traveling with Lord Killian to the city of light."

"Can I come?" Estelle asked, her eyes lighting up with curiosity and excitement.

"No." Killian's answer came as swiftly as the question. He was in a bad mood. Evans and Jacen were already two too many but who was this rude woman who was fighting against him for time with Cybelline?

Estelle stared at Killian and then looked at Cybelline. She whipped her head back and forth twice and her mouth fell open. Since when did an ice block like Lord Killian show interest in mere mortals?

She must be dreaming. She was going to pretend that the Ice Lord had said nothing. 

"Ahem, so I came to ask for a favor." Cybelline said after a brief, awkward silence. Estelle snapped to attention.

"Ask and you shall receive. Anything you want" Estelle said magnanimously, trying to ignore to the part of the room that was rapidly turning to ice.

"I want all the dwarves in your kingdom. And all the pixies."

Estelle frowned, "Alistair owned a good part of them. The rest are state owned. And the Pixies are royal property."

Cybelline shrugged, "You said anything I want. And I did just save your kingdom." She sighed sadly, "But if I can't..."

Estelle thought for a moment, "The dwarves have all been recalled to the city after the attack. It will be hard for us, but." She smiled, "For you, anything. I will ask my guard to gather them together. You are very shrewd, we have one of the greatest population of dwarves and pixies, you will be one of the richest people in the realm once you put them to task."

Cybelline nodded, "I would like it in writing as well."

"But of course, they are yours anyways." Estelle waved a hand, "If you're leaving then I'm sure you'll want to make sure everything's settled"

Estelle leaned forward, "I do want to throw a banquet in your honor. Perhaps you'll even sit next to me?"

Killian turned to his right hand man, "Evans, how much of our army is by the city of thieves?"

Estelle blinked and suddenly stood up, "I think I hear my advisors calling me, I must go." Estelle shivered, the girl is pretty but she valued her life more.

Cybelline watched as the woman practically run out of the room. She shook her head.

Killian walked over and stood in front of her, "What would you like to do for the rest of the day?" 

Cybelline looked towards the city, "I have a few things to take care of, I'll meet you in front of the city gate later." With a nod, she walked away. 

Killian watched as the slight figure walk away, he gestured and Evans walked over. 

"Do I displease her?" Killian asked, "She doesn't act like most women I've seen act around me." 

Jacen rolled her eyes, "My lord, you may be good looking but normal women tend to be a little intimidated when they are in your presence. Only the foolish dare to be brazen in front of you." Then Jacen frowned, "Though, my lord, this woman seems neither shy nor foolish." 

Killian looked at Lord Evans, "I am intimidating? Have I said anything wrong?" 

Lord Evans barely managed a professional smile, "My lord, perhaps you could learn a little more about talking to women." Instead of scaring them into bits. Lord Evans wanted to add.