Chapter 96

Killian felt the strands of grey tying itself to his mind once more. The images flooded back. Cybelline using all of her power to suppress the thing.

His Cybelline. Where was she? What happened?

Suddenly the burning magic which latched onto his skin was no longer the most important thing. He had to find his Cybelline.

Give up. The voice said, You can never defeat me. You are too weak.

Killian felt the power in that voice, it was a tidal wave against his consciousness. He felt lost at sea, the waves of power crashing towards him. He held on.

He held on and threw his magic at the bonds, burning and searing it.

He fought the thing with everything he had.

Inside the barrier, the fae watched in horror as Killian's eyes turned from green to red. Watched as his skin started to turn grey once more.

Killian looked at the Fae, " Get away!" He screamed, his voice turned guttural.

It seemed as if a storm gathered in the sky as more and the grey magic, which had been thin strands now became rivers that seemed to fall from the sky.

He stood again, fighting. He had fought all his life and no matter the enemy he would fight. He had lost the last battle and Cybelline...

With renewed passion, he burned away the grey strands that stuck to his skin. He would give the fae enough time to survive. He needed to know what happened. 

Suddenly, he rose into the air and barreled straight for the barrier, intending for a fiery end for them both. He would never let the thing have his body.

He would never allow himself to forget her.

The Shadow Spirit seeing this screamed and suddenly, separated from his body.

Killian fell towards ground, he flipped and landed on his feet. The grey spirit seemed to be screaming and laughing at the same time. It flew into the air and began to transform itself, it's blood red eyes now glowing brightly.

In the sky was the grey dragon, it laughed once more. "You are strong than I thought. But, no matter, I have already absorbed the power. I wanted to toy with you." He looked at the barrier and gave a roar.

It evaporated as if it had never been there. It had destroyed a barrier of a First Fae. Below, the fae looked up in consternation yet they did not falter. Their Queen had told them that they needed to fend for themselves. They would fight until they could not.

"I will burn the world!" It promised, "This world is mine! All mine!"

Killian gathered his power and jumped to the roof. He looked at the thing square in the eyes, "You'll have to go through me first."

"You just don't quit, do you mortal? No one should have been able to escape the merging. No one should have been able to fight. I am impressed." The dragon taunted. 

Killian's eyes were icy green, "Your death awaits."

The dragon laughed but suddenly brick landed on his face. It was tiny but it stopped him mid-laugh. A furious voice called out, "You overgrown lizard!"

On the other roof tops stood soldiers, Leonmithas, Jinon, Kima, Oqir, and many others holding various weapons and swords.

They all were prepared to fight to the death as Killian's soldiers guided the fae out of the city.

Their lord had chosen to save the fae so they would save the fae.

The Dragon laughed. "You think you can stop me, when I have called my brethren? My brethren who have been waiting for me to bring them to this world to devour it whole?"