25

It didn't take them long to find the cave. Bofur complained the most,"Oh, what's that stench?" Gandalf warned them to be careful what they touched. They entered the cave to see it filled with many treasures, armor, and weapons. Bofur looked around,"Seems a shame just to leave it lying around. Anyone could take it." Him and Gloin gave each other a look."Agreed. Nori, get a shovel.", Gloin said.

Mivera ignored their childish actions and stood by Thorin looking at a barrel of swords. Mivera examined one Thorin picked up,"These swords were not made by any troll." Gandalf picked one up as well,"Nor were they made by any smith among men." He took a closer look,"These were forged in Gondolin, by the High Elves, of the fist age." Thorin looked disgusted as he reached to put it back. Mivera grabbed his wrist,"You could not wish for a finer blade, Thorin. Trust me." Her steel grey eyes bore into his as he hooked it onto his belt. Satisfied, she walked away, looking at a selection of daggers.

Thorin heard some snickering behind him and turned to see Fili, Kili, Dwalin, and Balin all trying to hide their grins. They failed miserably."Just tell her Thorin.", Balin said."Come one uncle, everyone in the company knows that you love her. Just tell her.", Fili said. Thorin ignored them and walked outside.

He sat down on a rock and put his head in his hands. He knew he loved her, there was no point in denying it now. He loved her. Her gorgeousness, and kindness. She was reliable, and honest. Geniuses, modest and compassionate. He loved those things about her and so much more. Her hair, her eyes, her smile, however cliché that sounded. He lifted his head, should he tell her?

His thoughts were interrupted when a throat cleared next to him. He glanced to see Mivera. She asked sheepishly,"May I sit with you?" He nodded and moved over, giving her room to sit. He looked at her with concern,"How's your head? You hit it pretty hard on the rocks back there." She sent him a sly smirk,"Im fine, I believe some of your thick headedness may have rubbed off on me.

She sat and held something in her lap."What's that?", he asked. She looked at him, the back to her hands."It's a braid clasp. It was the only one in there, so I imagine it belonged to the daughter of the farmer that lived in that cottage. It may sound strange, but I wanted to take it with me so, in a way, the girls soul wouldn't be trapped here in this troll horde.", she stopped and started blabbering,"uh..I know it's, uh, it's...quite strange. I'm sorry."

She turned to get up, but Thorin grabbed her hand and pulled her back. He looked her into the eyes, she tried to look away, but he gently took hold of her chin and and made her look at him."I don't think it's stupid. I think it's rather kind actually. I'm sure the girl would oblige." Her eyes gained a hopeful look,"Really?" Thorin nodded, letting go of her chin."Though, I do believe braid clasps were meant to be worn in braids.", he joked. His small smile grew when she smiled back."Will you help me?", she asked. Thorin wasn't expecting her to ask, but he agreed.

She turned her back to him and drew her legs to her body and wrapped her arms around them. Thorin grabbed all of her hair and pulled it over her shoulders. He took a small piece and began braiding. Unintentionally, he leaned forward. Neana felt his breath on her neck. It sent shivers down her spine. Her face felt hot and she knew she was blushing. What it was about Thorin that made her feel this way, she did not know.

He finished and put the clasp on. She sat up and looked at the braid, it was perfect. She looked at Thorin and gave him a big smile,"Thank you." Thorin gave a small smile in return. Before she could think on what she was doing, Mivera leaned forward and kissed Thorin's cheek. She then got up from her spot to help the dwarves carry their newfound weapons.

Thorin put a hand to his cheek. His heart was still beating hard. It was strange to him that such a simple and friendly gesture could do so much to him, it's not like she hasn't done it before. He could still feel her warm lips on his cheek as he got up and followed her. Mivera was also thinking about what she did. What was she thinking? What if Thorin found that out of line? She had strong feelings for him. She had always assumed they were feelings of friendship, but now, she's not quite sure.

She was so deep in her muddled thought that she didn't see Fili and Kili until she bumped into them."Sorry Fili! Kili! I did not see you." Kili smirked,"You hear that Fili? She was to busy thinking about uncle that she didn't even notice her two nephews." Fili shook his head,"Some auntie you are." Mivera laughed,"What makes you think I was thinking about your uncle?" They both rolled their eyes at the same time, it was quite the picture.

"Really Mivera? Everyone knows you and Thorin like each other. Maybe even love?", Fili said. Mivera went red at his words. She looked away and went back to her work. Kili chuckled,"So you do love him?" If possible, she went even redder. Knowing they weren't going to leave her alone until she answered, she told them,"And if I do, what does it matter? Thorin hates elves and I myself am 1/16 elf. Plus, I'm sure he wouldn't have the same feelings. He never wanted to marry me in the first place, we were arranged remember?"

Her own words even stung her. She left the boys to help elsewhere. Kili looked at Fili,"Well, at least we know she loves him." Fili nodded,"We need to get Thorin to tell her first though. She may be a woman but she's more stubborn than three Thorin's combined."

As everyone gathered by the entrance of the cave, they heard a ruckus coming from their right."Something's coming!", Thorin shouted, instinctively pushing Mivera behind him. Gandalf drew his sword,"Stay together! Hurry, now! Arm yourselves!" The dwarves obeyed. Mivera didn't enjoy being the 'damsel in distress' so she pushed Thorin's arm out of the way and pulled out her own sword. Thorin smiled, typical Mivera.

One moment later, a bunch of rabbits came bursting through the bushes. They were pulling a sled with a man in brown shouting,"Thieves! Fire! Murder!" The sled stopped when Gandalf shouted,"Radagast! It's Radagast the Brown!", he left the group and went to talk with the other wizard.

Figuring they would be there a while, Thorin leaned on a nearby tree. He glanced around the company. He saw Ori busily bumbling on and on about these random facts about random things, next to him was Mivera. Unlike the other dwarves, Thorin noticed, she actually listened to Ori and was genuinely interested. She nodded when he explained something, and laughed when he told one of his corny jokes.

A tap on his shoulder caused Thorin to jump. It was Balin. He looked to where Thorin was looking."She amazes me." Thorin looked at him with a furrowed brow waiting an explanation."How she can be so kind. Normally no one would give Ori the time of day, but her. No matter who it is, she always seems to become friends with them. She makes a great queen." Thorin soaked in his words as he looked back to Mivera, who was currently receiving a lesson on plants.

Their lesson was interrupted with an eerie howl not to far off. Bilbo was confused,"Was that a wolf? Are there... are there wolves out there?" Bofur sent him a worried glance,"Wolves? No, that is not a wolf. There was a low growl and Mivera's head snapped towards its direction.

A Warg was slowly creeping up on Thorin. Mivera was on her feet as soon as Kili fired an arrow, hitting it just below the eye. Mivera took out her new dagger and slit it's throat with ease as it hit the bottom of the hill. She shouted back to the group,"Warg scouts! Which means an Orc pack is not far behind!" Bilbo's eyes nearly popped out of his sockets,"Orc pack?!"

Gandalf paced up to Thorin,"Who did you tell about this quest, beyond your kin?" Thorin shook his head,"No one." Gandalf raised his voice,"Who did you tell?!" Thorin raised his voice higher,"No one, I swear! What in Durin's name is going on?" Mivera's eyes widened with realization,"We are being hunted! We need to get out of here!" Radagast spoke up,"I'll draw them off." Gandalf looked at him,"These are Gundabad Wargs. They will outrun you!" Radagast looked straight into Gandalf's eyes and pointed to his sleigh,"These are Rhosgobel Rabbits. I'd like to see them try."