8

Mivera got no sleep at all, she tossed and turned, her stomach was filled with anxiety for the next day. And the itchy hives on her arms did not help one bit. Yesterday when she left Thorin at the bench, she wanted to cheer him up. She made up her mind, deciding to cook his favorite treat. Not knowing what it was she searched for Balin. It hadn't taken her long to find him and she asked what Thorin's favorite sweet was. Balin seemed confused but told her honey cakes. It had to be honey cakes.

Mivera sucked it up and made them, earning herself a severe allergic reaction. Yes, she was allergic to honey. The only other person who knew was her brother, because who would take anyone who was allergic to something as harmless as honey seriously?

Mivera groaned and sat up in her bed. There was no way she was going to get sleep tonight. She scooted up to the corner of her bed and wrapped herself up in blankets and leaned on the wall, looking out the window at the night sky. Before she knew it, she was asleep with the image of the stars in her mind.

After what felt like minutes to Mivera, Zeri was waking her up."Time to get ready." Mivera sighed, today was going to be a long day. She unwrapped herself from her bundle and got off the bed to wash her face, but Zeri grabbed her arm,"Mivera what happened?"

Mivera squeezed her eyes shut, Zeri saw her arms."N-nothing." Zeri held on tightly when Mivera tried to pull away,"Giant red welts and hives on arms are not typically 'nothing' Mivera." Mivera kept silent and Zeri sighed,"Thank goodness the dress has long sleeves, now come, let's clean these up."

Meanwhile, Thorin was just finishing putting on his royal garbs. He buttoned the last button on his leather vest when Balin walked in. He said nothing and waited for Thorin to turn around. He wordlessly removed his hands from his back and handed Thorin something wrapped in cloth.

Thorin sent him a curious look and carefully unwrapped it, in the cloth was a crown. Not to the extravagance of Thror or Thrain's crown, this was the crown of a young prince."Balin, you did not have to do this.", Thorin said without looking away. Balin smiled and shook his head,"I didn't, Dwalin did. With the order from Thror of course." Thorin rolled his eyes and put it on.

Silently, the two dwarves walked to the grand ballroom, where the wedding will be held. Balin looked up at Thorin as they walked,"You ready laddie?" Thorin shrugged. Balin continued,"I hope you and Mivera have sorted out your problems. After all, you are going to be with each other for a long time." Thorin said nothing and continued walking. Balin stopped him,"Thorin, I'm serious. Have you and Mivera gotten along?"

Thorin again shrugged,"We are no longer angry with each other, but I would not say we get along." Balin moved his head side to side,"I guess that's better than nothing, well let us go." With that they opened the doors and went into the ballroom.

Thorin looked around, there were long benches in many rows, obviously for those attending. His eyes found their way up the isle. At the very end stood his father. He rolled his eyes, of course his father would marry him and Mivera.

He made his way up,"Hello father." His father nodded in return,"Thorin." Frerin walked up beside Thorin,"Hello brother, ready?" Thorin did not answer and Frerin nodded,"Good luck brother." Thorin mumbled thanks and took his stand on the right side of his father.

What felt like hours later, all the seats had been filled and everyone was quietly talking amongst themselves. The talking ceased when Thror entered the room he stood next to Thrain and smiled broadly,"Welcome all! I am sure we are all happy that our prince is marrying, but none are more happy than I." Everyone clapped loudly, som even whistled. Thror grinned and looked of to his left, Thorin did the same.

Tieal stepped out and held his hand out next to him. Thorin watched as Mivera's hand lightly took her brothers hand and stepped into view. Her white silken dress shone beautifully. The train was decorated with silver geometric patters, and a thin veil held up by small clasps in her intricately braided hair was in front of her face.

Thrain cleared his throat and began speaking but Mivera wasn't listening. She was using every ounce of will power not to itch. Zeri had cleansd the hives, but that only seemed to make them itch even more. Thorin noticed her fidgeting with her long sleeves, but was snapped out of attention when Thrain spoke to him,"Thorin? Do you accept Mivera as your bride?" Thorin barely gave a nod and said,"I do." Thrain turned to Mivera,"Mivera do you accept Thorin as your husband." Her face was still pointed to the ground and she said meekly,"I do."

Thror clapped his hands,"You may now kiss." Thorin shot his grandfather a wide eyed glare but Thror smiled smugly and folded his arms. Thorin sighed as he turned towards Mivera. Mivera was almost petrified, was he really going to kiss her? He lifted up her veil and slowly put it behind her head. Her hands were shaking and her breath was short.

When Thorin was done with the veil, he noticed how much Mivera was shaking. He instinctively grabbed her hands, and surprisingly she stopped. Mivera did not know why but Thorin holding her hands calmed her down. She looked back up and meet eyes with Thorin, who was now really close. Reflexively she closed her eyes, and she felt a light peck on her lips.

The entire ballroom was filled top to bottom with cheers and shouts. It was so loud you could probably hear it all the way in Esgaroth. Mivera felt her face was most likely bright red and looked at the ground. Thorin, still holding her hands gave a gentle squeeze and whispered in her ear,"It's alright."

Mivera felt her heart flutter, she looked up at him and smirked as she whispered,"Are you trying to comfort me?" Thorin acted as though he did not hear her and looked around at the servants clearing the dance floor and he said,"Shall we feast?" Mivera slowly nodded and followed him out of the ballroom into the dining hall.