48

Kili stood awkwardly away from the rest of the company while everyone filed in. Fili noticed and made his way to his brother. Fili sighed,"It's not everyday you enter someone's home through their loo huh?" He laughed, but Kili didn't. Instead he just smirked half heartedly before going back to his sulked face. Fili put a hand on his shoulder,"You all right Kili?" Kili now actually laughed,"No Fili I'm not. It's my fault Mivera is-"Fili interrupted him,"Now stop right there. It is not your fault." Kili shook his head,"I caused it." Fili paused a moment before saying,"Well at least you didn't drop her." Kili frowned,"No. I killed her." With that Kili walked away from his brother to stand by Bofur.

The company was being handed towels and cloths to dry themselves off with. Kili thanked the little girl that handed him one and he wiped off his face. When he returned to the small living area, bard was gone. Kili looked at Bofur,"Where's Bard?" Bofur nodded towards the door,"He left to get our weapons." Kili nodded and sat down on a stool. Thorin passed in front of him and stared out a window. Bilbo chuckled,"You look as if you've seen a ghost Thorin." Balin stood,"That's because he has." Kili looked out the same window as Balin spoke,"The lance that was used to fire at Smaug." Thorin sneered with disgust,"If an arrow had made it's mark that day. Mivera would still be here." To this Kili looked down at his feet and stayed there until Thorin left the room.

While this was happening, Bard was hurriedly walking back to his house with a large bundle of lake men weapons in his arms. He was walking so quickly that he didn't see the short hunched figure before he ran into it. He only stumbled a bit, but the figure let out a cry and fell. Bard quickly knelt down, setting his bundle aside and put his hands lightly on the persons shoulders,"Are you alright?" Bard was to say the least shocked when he saw the face of a woman staring back at him. Her steel grey eyes bore into him at first, looking at nothing in particular. Her lips parted and she let out ragged breaths,"Yes I'm fine." She leaned back on her knees and tried to get up but she cried out in pain and went down again, luckily Bard caught her just in time. His hands flew to hold her around her waist as she stood, she was short so he was still crouching. She smiled in thanks and Bard removed his hands. Bard knit his brow, his fingers were warm and sticky. He looked at his hand to see it was covered in blood. His eyes shot back to the woman, who was now hobbling away.

Bard ran up in front of her and stopped her,"You're injured." She shook her head and smiled,"I'm fine, I appreciate the concern though." She tried to go around Bard, but he would not have it,"No. You will come to my house, I have medicine." She tried to resist once more, but Bard picked her up and threw his extra tarp over her and hurriedly walked home. He burst into the house and was greeted by the many eyes of dwarves. Thorin stood,"The weapons?" Bard looked at his son,"Bain, the weapons are in a canvas tarp a few steps out." Bain nodded and went out the door. Sigrid walked forward,"Pa, what's that?" She pointed to the bundle in his hands and the dwarves eyes gleamed with curiosity. Bard just shrugged,"Boat supplies darling." His daughter understood and nodded,"Let's take them to the other room."

Once they were free from the prying eyes of their company, Bard set the bundle down and removed the tarp. Sigrid gasped,"Pa!" She left and cam back at lightning speed with a wet cloth. She began patting the woman's head,"What do I do pa?" Bard pulled the tarp down more,"She has a wound around here, clean it and bandage it properly. Come get me when you're down." It took about and hour, but Sigrid finally called her father back into the room. Bard came in and saw Ingrid dabbing the cloth on the woman's head again. The woman was slightly awake and mumbling about her husband. Bard felt a pang of sadness, knowing she must have lost him. Suddenly she jolted awake,"Where am I?"

Bard folded his arms,"At my house. You were walking around aimlessly. My daughter cared for you and cleaned your wound." The woman did her best to smile,"Thank you." Bard smiled and crouched low,"What is your name?" The woman licked her lips,"Mivera." Bards ears pricked at that, but he ignored it,"Sigrid, please fetch Mivera some water." Bard then left and passed through the den where the dwarves were. The leader of them was pacing and the oldest one said,"Patience Thorin." Bard stopped in his tracks. His eyes widened and he ran out of the door.