6

Mivera was hungry, as in her stomach sounded like a wounded Warg hungry. She hadn't gotten to eat breakfast because she was, rather rudely, woken up and hurried out her room. It was fitting day, fitting her dress day. To be honest at the moment she didn't care if the dress fit her or not as long as she got food. Fast.

The dwarf maid who was dressing her tutted her tongue,"Oh how I wish I could pull off a dress like you can Miss." Mivera smirked,"I wish I could eat." The maid rolled her eyes,"Yea yea I know you're hungry, but we're almost done here. Just a few more pins. Whoever made this didn't know how petite you are." Mivera smiled, her and this maid had been friends for a while now, her name was Zeri.

Zeri looked at her seriously,"Are you sure you want to go through with this dear?" Mivera answered coolly,"Not like I have a choice huh?" Zeri shrugged,"In any case, I'm glad you and the prince are getting along well." Mivera didn't know why but her cheeks became hot,"Yea."

They didn't really talk much after that. Zeri had barely gotten the dress off Mivera before she was in her day clothes and bolting towards the kitchen. Mivera walked through and nearly bumped into Thorin.

"Oh I'm sorry Thorin! I was just uh, um, getting some, uh breakfast.", Mivera said. She felt very frazzled by having him so close, she could almost feel the heat from his body. He tilted his head and followed her back into the kitchen,"But it's noon." She looked at him with disbelief,"It is not!" Thorin chuckled a bit,"Yes it is." She gave a slight pout, which Thorin thought was kind of cute.

He quickly overlooked that thought,"I have not had food yet either, care to eat with me? I know of a pub in Esgaroth." Mivera didn't hide her shock,"Really? You want me to eat with you?" Thorin shrugged,"It's better than eating alone." That hurt Mivera, but she didn't show it,"Alright.."

Mivera looked all around her in wonder, she never thought Esgaroth would be this gorgeous, and the food was delicious. Mivera was absolutely in love with the pub Thorihad taken her."So, why is it you are eating breakfast at noon?", Thorin said between mouthfuls. Mivera rolled her eyes with annoyance,"I had to be fitted for the dress." Thorin furrowed his brow,"What dress?" Mivera looked down at her plate and mumbled,"The wedding dress."

Mivera couldn't bear the awkward silence,"Thank you so much for allowing me to join you for breakfa- lunch." Thorin laughed,"Well, I couldn't let you starve now could I?" Mivera scoffed,"Who are you?" Thorin felt shocked,"What?" Mivera said curiously,"The Thorin I met two days ago was not at all like this gentle dwarf who took me to lunch today." Thorin leaned onto the table,"I could say the same about you ." Mivera furrowed her brow and tilted her head,"How so?" He smirked at her,"The Mivera I met two days ago was leagues different from the Mivera who was laughing and smiling while playing with my sister." "Touché.", she smirked. Thorin shrugged,"You look great when you're smiling."

The last sentence threw her off,"What?" Thorin fumbled over his reply,"I, uh, I mean, it's better than your usual expressionless, expression?" She nodded changed the subject,"Your sister is quite spunky. I admit I ran out of breath a good number of times." The two of them laughed and Mivera smirked,"So considering you are 'Forin', you taught Dis how to make flower crowns?" She laughed and for once, felt completely at ease with Thorin. She no longer felt awkward, she felt happy. Thorin smiled, that action alone gave Mivera butterflies,"Come on, there's plenty more to see in Esgaroth."

Thorin showed Mivera many things. He showed her the flower shop, the jewelry stand and a few small food stands here and there. And at everything he showed her, Mivera was so awe struck. He had to ask her,"Is this really your first time out of the mountain?" She shook her head,"No, my family and I used to live not far off from the mountain, but we never traveled here."

Thorin walked along beside her,"And now you and your family live in the mountain?" Mivera looked at her feet,"My older brother and I do yes." Thorin furrowed his brow,"What of the rest of your family?" Mivera looked at him with a sad smile,"They're dead. Night raid by orcs." Thorin's shoulders slumped,"I'm sorry I did not mean to-", he was interrupted by her hand on his shoulder. She smiled,"It's alright Thorin, you didn't know."

Their little 'heart-to-heart' moment was interrupted with a small little voice shouting,"Mivee!" They turned their heads just in time to see Dis running towards them. She jumped up and tackled Mivera to the ground in a hug in a fit of laughter. Mivera spoke in between laughs,"Hello Dis! Nice to see you!" A male dwarf who looked a bit younger than Thorin walked up,"Dis, get up off of poor Mivee." Dis laughed and rolled of Mivera. Mivera sat up breathless, Thorin offered his hand to her and she gladly accreted it.

Thorin let go of her hand when she was standing and turned to the dwarf,"Frerin, it's been a while." Frerin laughed and embraced his brother,"It's only been a week." He turned to Mivera,"So, you must be Mivee. Dis has talked my ear off about how fun you are." Mivera couldn't help but laugh. Thorin was surprised, he had never heard her laugh like that before. She wasn't laughing like she was forcing it, she was laughing whole heatedly, clutching her stomach and wiping her eyes from tears.

"I'm afraid Mivee is not my name.", she said faster she calmed down. Frerin tilted his head,"Then I apologize, what is your name?" Thorin answered for her,"Her name is Mivera." Frerin nodded and Dis walked in front of Mivera and grabbed her hand, pulling her forward,"Come on! There's a lot of stuff I want to show you!" Mivera smiled and followed Dis. Thorin and Frerin walked side by side behind them.

Frerin laughed,"It boggles my mind." Thorin looked at him strangely and he clarified,"How much Dis likes her, I mean they only met yesterday." Thorin stayed silent, Frerin asked him,"So you two are getting along?" Thorin tilted his head side to side."That's good, at least you're marrying a friend instead of an enemy." Thorin felt his cheeks go red, he was thankful it was getting dark.

They stood of to the side beneath a tree as Mivera and Dis watched a juggler. Frerin folded his arms,"When is the wedding?" Thorin did not avert his gaze,"Two days." His brother scoffed,"Well, grandfather sure isn't wasting any time then is he? How is he by the way?" Thorin finally looked at his brother,"I'm worried, he spends more and more time in the gold room. Ever since he found the Arkenstone he seems to have a very particular lust for gold." Frerin shared the equal worried look,"I've noticed that to, he keeps excusing himself to go see his gold."

They stopped the conversation when Mivera walked over with a passed out Dis in her arms."I do believe someone is ready for bed.", she whispered smiling. Thorin held out his hands,"I can take her." Mivera shook her head,"No it's alright, I've got it." Thorin shook his head,"Nonsense let me help." She retaliated,"I don't need your help." Thorin folded his arms and frowned. Frerin smiled and patted his brothers shoulder. When Mivera was far enough in front of them he whispered,"She's just as stubborn as you brother." They walked in silence back to the mountain.