5

Twelve stock checks and one useless and boring Elven class later, Thorin was sitting in dining room eating his dinner. He was late that evening due to his jobs running later than thought. As he sat eating a room temperature piece of pork, he heard a loud thud and giggling followed. He noticed it was from the kitchen and he had to take his plate there anyway, so he stood up with his plate in hand and walked to the kitchen.

Thorin nearly dropped his plate. In front of him were two figures completely covered with flour and eggs. The one that was the smallest picture was giggling uncontrollably, whereas the taller of the figures was giggling and trying to clean the mess of flour on the kitchen table. The smaller figure was sitting on the table and talking to the bigger figure,"Do you know how to cook?" The other figure tilted it's head side to side,"I am average at it." This earned another fit of laughter from the small figure.

Thorin just quietly put his plate in the tub, trying to avoid being seen. But that came to no avail, the smaller figure called out to him,"Forin!" Thorin turned around,"Dis?" Dis jumped down from the table and tackled him in a hug, covering him in flour."I have had the best day ever!", she said as she smiled up at him. He laughed,"I bet you have, now go get yourself cleaned up before father sees you."

Dis nodded and went to walked out the door. She stopped just before walking out,"Oh I almost forgot!" She ran back to the other figure covered in flour. The figure knelt to the ground and Dis wrapped her arms tight around their neck,"Thank you for playing win me! Can we play again?" The other figure smiled,"Of course we can." Thorin felt as if he knew that voice from somewhere, he wasn't sure where. Dis smiled and skipped out the room humming.

"I apologize Thorin, I was just trying to make her a treat.", the figure said. Thorin turned around,"You'll have to forgive me but, the amount of flour on your face keeps me from knowing who you are." The figure grabbed a cloth a rubbed it on their face."Mivera?", Thorin said, he wasn't expecting that.

She didn't respond and motioned to the mess,"Yes, I'll clean this up." Thorin watched in bewilderment as she kept cleaning everything in front of her,"No it's alright, the cooks will get it, clean yourself up." She gave him a blank look,"No, I made this mess so I will clean it up." Thorin rolled his eyes,"Fine, at least let me help you."

Thorin grabbed a cloth and began helping. He cleaned off all the egg yolk from the table and Mivera cleaned the flour. With them working together, the job was done in mere minutes. Thorin stepped back,"There, clean as a whistle." Mivera covered her mouth as she giggled. Thorin looked at her with a furrowed brow,"What?" She grabbed her cloth,"You have egg and flour on your face." She reached forward and dabbed the flour and egg off of his cheek.

Thorin shook the hotness out of his face,"Well now since that's done, why don't you go get cleaned up." Mivera nodded and put both their towels in the tub before walking out. Thorin laughed to himself and went to walk the other way out, only to be stopped by a smirking Balin."What?", he asked. Balin just shrugged and let him pass.

On his way to his room, his father walked into view."Ah Thorin, thank goodness, I need your help.", Thrain said walking up to him. Thorin yawned,"With what?" Thrain wrung his hands,"I need you to help me put Dis to bed." Thorin involuntarily groaned,"Can't Frerin do it?" Thrain gave Thorin a stern look,"I am your father and you shall do as I say. Besides, Frerin is camping." Thorin rolled his eyes, Frerin was always camping with his friends. They didn't really go far from the mountain, maybe a mile or two but no more.

Thorin didn't even get to retaliate because his father was already walking away. Slightly annoyed, Thorin drug his tired feet to Dis's room. He knocked lightly three times before entering, and was visibly shocked at what he saw. Mivera was combing Dis's hair, and Dis was letting her. Dis never combed her hair, and when it had to be done it took many long grueling hours of distractions and bribes. Yet somehow, one way or another, here Dis was with Mivera combing her hair as she sat on the edge of her bed.

Mivera looked up at Thorin coldly,"Hello Thorin, I do apologize for intruding, but Dis came to my room asking for help so I obliged." Mivera stood from the bed and her light blue nightgown flowed around her as she put the comb on the vanity. For some reason Thorin was having trouble speaking,"No, uh, I was just um, coming to put her, to, uh, bed." Mivera smiled and Dis gave her a big hug,"Goodnight!" Mivera smiled and hugged her back,"Goodnight." She let go and curtsied to Thorin,"Goodnight." Thorin just nodded, and Mivera slid past him.

"Ah, wait Mivera!", Thorin said jogging to her side." She looked at him curiously,"What?" He took a deep breath,"I'm sorry." Her eyebrows raised but she didn't say anything, Thorin knew she was silently hinting for more. He rubbed the back of his neck,"I was rather rude yesterday, horribly rude in fact. I was being childish, and I am sorry for that." She replied with a slight smile,"About time you swallowed your pride." Before he could answer her she was already turning the corner leading to her room.

He turned to Dis after he closed the door,"You went to her room? How did you even know where it was?" Dis shrugged nonchalantly,"She took me there earlier today when we read books." Thorin nodded and he jumped on the bed, earning a giggle from Dis. She crawled up and sat next to him. He put his arm around her,"So, tell me what else you did today."

"Well, before I was under the table because I was sad, then Mivee came and made me not sad and we played together-", Thorin interrupted,"Mivee?" Dis nodded and continued. They had played seeker and hider, chess, tag, made flower crowns, painted, read and tried to make a fruit biscuit.

By the time Dis was done talking about her whole day, she was sound asleep in Thorin's arms. He smiled and gently removes his arm, setting her head softly on the pillow. He gave her a kiss on the head, and walked out. With the door now closed behind him he smirked,"Mivee."