70

Bilbo marched up to Tosser Grub,"Excuses me but this is my house and I kindly ask that all of my stiff be returned now!" Grub just looked at him,"If you are infact Bilbo Baggins and un-deceased, can you prove it." Bilbo was shocked,"Prove it- you know what fine." He pulled out the contract he was given and showed it to Grub,"A contract of employment." Grub tilted his head,"As what?" Bilbo shook his hands,"Never mind as to what, see? There's my signature." Grub examined the signature and nodded,"Well then. Everything seems to be in order. Oh, who were this Mivera and Thorin Oakenshield you pledged your service to?" Bilbo took the scroll from Grubs hands,"They were...they were my friends." With that he walked into his house and slammed the door.

Bilbo huffed in frustration. They had taken everything, his mothers jewelry box, his armchair, a good number of his books, and even some of his handkerchiefs. He straightened the portraits of his mother and father and put his hands in his pockets. He felt the acorn and held it up in the air. In a quick decision he grabbed his gardening tools and went out to his front yard.

He dropped to his knees and used his shovel to dig a hole. Once it was dug, he gently placed the acorn in the ground and filled the hole back up with dirt. He watered it with his watering can everyday when he went out to smoke on his pipe. And soon, that limitless acorn turned into a giant Oak tree. The branches spread out so great that they shielded Bilbo's home from any nasty wind. You could say, they were Bilbo's oaken-shields.

~The End~