59

Kili looked at Fili with a bewildered look when the ground beneath them trembled. He swept the hair from his face,"What was that?" Fili looked scared,"That was a dragon." Kili looked up at the mountain and Fili shouted behind them,"Perhaps if you told us what you were looking for, we could find it a lot quicker!" They heard Bofur's voice off in the distance,"It's called kingsfoil!" Fili glanced at Kili,"Do you know what kingsfoil is?" Kili shook his head and they stood impatiently on the docks.

Bofur buried his head in the makeshift gardens of the town, searching feverishly for the kingsfoil. All he could find were weeds and grass. Bofur threw up his hands in exasperation,"Where is the kingsfoil?!" An old woman who was hanging up laundry heard him and cocked her head,"That weed? We feed it to the pigs." Bofur's eyes bulged from his head,"Pig food?! Where are the pigs?" The woman nodded behind her,"At the other side of town, why?" Bofur didn't answer and sped back to Fili and Kili.

Bofur panted,"The lady said its fed to the pigs." Kili started running,"What are we waiting for?" They only made it a few feet before something large tackled Kili. They tumbled and Kili thrashed against it but it was to strong. Once they stopped Kili laid on his back nose to nose with a disgusting Orc.

The Orc smiled and brought up his dagger to Kili's neck. Not a second to soon an arrow head emerged between the orcs eyes, centimeters from Kili's eye. He heaved the beast off of him and stood up quickly, his sword drawn and ready to fight. He looked to his left and saw the same red-haired elf that locked him up in Mirkwood. She was slashing and Orc that got past the blonde elfs arrows.

Fili was at his side,"Kili! Are you alright?" Kili vaguely nodded, he was entranced by the she elf. What seemed to be the lead Orc called what was remaining of his troop to fall back. The blonde elf looked to the she elf,"Tauriel, help the queen, I'll handle them." Tauriel nodded and sheathed her daggers while the blonde elf sped to the orcs.

She jogged up to Fili and Kili,"Where is your aunt?" Kili couldn't seem to get any words out so Fili stepped in,"She went with our uncle into the mountain." Tauriel looked at the mountain,"We must get there quickly. Come!" Before they even took a step Bofur was running towards them holding something his hands,"I've got it!" He saw Tauriel and Fili and Kili with weapons ready and dead orcs lying on the ground,"What did I miss?"

Tauriel grabbed the kingsfoil and examined it closely,"Athelas." Her eyes moved between the plant to the mountain back to Bofur. Bofur had his eyes narrowed,"What are you going to do?" Tauriel secured the plant in a pouch on her belt,"I am going to save her."