12

Mivera smiled as Dis laughed and clapped. The carnivals fool was making silly faces and funny sounds. Dis walked back to Mivera and grabbed her hand,"This is fun!" Mivera smiled,"I'm glad. Where shall we go next?" Dis jumped up and down,"I want sweets!" Mivera grinned, Thorin was going to kill her as soon as he found out she let Dis have sweets.

Mivera payed the man for the sweets and walked back to where Dis was sitting against the wall of a building. Her broad smile grew even larger when she saw the sweets. Mivera laughed and sat down next to her.

Dis smiled,"You're a great big sister." Mivera slyly smiled,"Is that because I gave you sweets?" Dis smiled mischievously,"A little." They both laughed and finished off the rest of their sweets. Mivera stood up and Dis got up and took Mivera's hand once more, and they were off seeing the sights again.

Dis giggled. Mivera sent her a playful look,"What?" Dis smiled,"Did you and Thorin snuggle?" Mivera nearly choked on her remaining sweet in her mouth,"What?" Dis grinned,"I asked grandpa to make you share a room. Because I know snuggles make everyone happy, so now you two won't fight anymore!" Mivera couldn't help but laugh, thinking she was agreeing, Dis laughed as well.

They were watching the juggler for the fifth time when a large gust of wind blew rather suddenly, nearly knocking Mivera and Dis over. The wind only got stronger and dust and debris was flying everywhere in all directions. Mivera held tightly to Dis's hand and pulled her back to the wall where they were a few minutes before. The wall shielded them from the wind for the most part.

Mivera held Dis's face in her hands,"Are you alright?" Dis nodded and coughed,"It's hot Mivee." Mivera nodded and looked around. The wind was now so strong it began to knock down many stands set up for the carnival, even a few small buildings. Saddened lay their was this loud roaring sound, to Mivera she could even say it sounded like laughter.

Her eyes shot there way to the sky, praying she was wrong. She squinted through the dust in the sky and prayed with all her might. She was horrified when she say the large outline circling above Esgaroth. Dragon. The dragon flew down low and spewed fire into the Main Street, right next to Mivera and Dis.

Mivera acted quickly and shielded Dis from the flames. She let out a yelp of pain as she felt the heat of the fire burn through the back of the dress and her skin. Smoke engulfed them and Dis began coughing ferociously. Mivera tore of a piece of her dress and held it to Dis's mouth,"Hold this to your mouth as you breath, alright?" Dis nodded and did as she was told.

Mivera shielded her again as the dragon came down again, this time knocking over some buildings not far off. Dis looked up at Mivera with wide eyes,"Mivee I'm scared! What do we do?" Mivera quickly picked up Dis and put her face in the crook of her neck, they need to find shelter. Mivera took a deep breath and began running.

Mivera was running blindly. She couldn't see anything through the smoke and fire, and her ears were filled with the roaring of her own bold and the screams and shouts of people. But she kept running, she didn't know where but she knew she had to keep Dis safe.

Many times the dragon flew down again, spewing out fire and knocking down buildings with his giant wings. Mivera was trembling with pain from being burnt so many times and being hit with falling stone. She turned a corner and sat down on the ground, clutching Dis in her arms. There was nowhere to run away from a dragon.

Dis clung to Mivera's dress,"Are we going to be okay?" Mivera did her best at a happy smile,"Yes, you'll be alright." Mivera held her tightly to her chest, and frantically looked around for a place to hide.

Dis sat down against the wall, holding her knees under her chin. Mivera was trying to move some debris that fell in their path. There was a large cracking sound and Mivera snapped her head up when she heard Dis scream.

She turned around to see that some of the stones had fallen from the roof and landed dangerously close to Dis. Mivera hurriedly began running towards Dis, she did not know she had walked so far away.

Mivera froze in her spot and looked up at the roof. The rest of it was about to fall down, her eyes followed the path of where it would go. Dis. Her feet moved for her, carrying her quickly to Dis.

She jumped towards Dis the moment before the stone fell down on top of them. Mivera groaned with pain,"Dis? Are you alright?" Dis coughed from beneath her,"Yes, I only got a little scratch." Mivera smiled, but a horrible throb in her head made her grimace.

Dis grabbed Mivera's shoulder,"Mivee! The dragons gone! Mivee?" Dis looked up to see Mivera's eyes were closing and blood was coming down from the back of her head. Mivera looked at her,"You'll be okay Dis, Thorin and Frerin will come and find you."

"But what about you Mivee?", Dis nearly screamed. Mivera smiled,"Don't worry about me." Her eyelids now felt extremely heavy and began to close them. As her vision went black, she vaguely heard the desperate screams of Dis,"Mivee!"