28

Mivera followed the sound of laughter and found the dwarves in no time. She walked past Bofur as he threw a sausage at his brother, who broke the table he was sitting on in half.

She walked past Fili and Kili, and the rest of the company in search for Thorin. Seeing as he was not around, she walked onto the balcony and sat on a bench. She was a while away from the company, so they weren't as load to her. She put her hands on her lap and closed her eyes. She listened to the soft harp and flute playing of the elves below them as a soft cool breeze blew the hair out of her face.

Fili and Kili were talking to Dwalin, looking back at Mivera every now and again."So Mivera was walking to help everyone load up or something and she ran into us but she said sorry and we asked her about Thorin and-"Dwalin looked bored,"Is there a point to this?" Fili finished,"She said she loved him." To this Dwalin smirked and made his way over to Balin.

He pulled him aside,"We can officially say Mivera loves Thorin." Balin looked delighted, then his face fell,"Has she told Thorin?" Dwalin shook his head,"No and I don't think she will. Thorin has to be the one to say it first." Balin agreed,"I will talk to him." Finished talking, they butt heads and went their own way.

Thorin looked up as Balin cleared his throat,"Thorin, if you and me could talk please, elsewhere preferably." Thorin nodded and followed Balin to a secluded area. He looked at his friend and waited for an explanation.

Balin looked at him, carefully deciding how he should go about this. He took a deep breath,"I'd like to ask you about Mivera." Thorin didn't really respond,"What about her?" Balin took a step towards him."You love her don't you?" Thorin's eyes went wide,"Even if I did the feelings would not be returned."

Balin nodded and hid his smile."How do you know if you haven't told her?" Thorin began pacing and looking at the floor. Balin kept pressing,"For Durin's sake Thorin if you love the woman so much just tell her!" Thorin completely lost it and raised his voice,"And if words fail Balin, what will I do? What if I choke up? If my words fail, will I fail to?" Balin gave him a knowing smile,"She'll understand laddie." Balin grabbed Thorin's shoulder with his hand, then walked back to the group.

Thorin however went off on his own for a bit. Would she understand? He shuffled his feet aimlessly when someone ran up to him."Thorin!" He looked up to see Mivera standing before him and smiling."What did Lord Elrond say?" He smiled at her,"There's another way in, but it only opened on Durin's day." Her face went serious,"Well then we must hurry!" She went to go get her things but Thorin grabbed her hand. She looked at him and tilted her head,"What?" Thorin shrugged,"Well, the music is so lovely, I just thought that we could enjoy a dance before we left."

Mivera blushed and looked at her feet,"Thorin you know I can't dance." Thorin took his chin in his hand and said thoughtfully,"You right, if I recall correctly, you stepped on my feet about 50 times." She sent him a playful smile,"Well maybe that was your fault for have such big feet." He smiled at her and pulled her closely to him.

It was just as it was all those many years ago. Thorin twirling her around and her laughing with delight as her deep red dress spun out around her. Only, there was a slight difference this time. This time, Thorin's heart warmed at the sight of her smile, and his stomach fluttered at the sound of her laugh. Yes, this time was different. This time he was hopelessly in love with her.