32

Thorin felt horrified when he saw Azog lift her limp body up with a branch. His voice quivered,"It cannot be." Azog laughed and looked at Thorin,"That one is mine, kill the others!" He sneered a smile one more time at Thorin before flinging Mivera off. Her body slammed against a stone and she crumpled into a heap like a rag doll.

Thorin could not tear his eyes away from her, even when the Wargs were jumping and clawing at the trees, knocking them over. Azog shouted above the noises,"Drink their blood!"

Gandalf was lighting pinecones as fast as he could, hurling them down to the dwarves. One Warg hit the tree again and Dori was flung from his perch. He was shouting and whimpering as he was hanging onto Gandalf's staff, but Thorin's mind was elsewhere.

He was still looking at Mivera, she lay unmoving on the ground. He gritted his teeth and glared at Azog. The Defiler noticed and sneered. Thorin used what strength he had and hoisted himself up so he was standing on the trunk of the tree. He unsheathed his sword and began walking towards Azog.

Azog was mildly surprised at first, but then he became more amused. Thorin began running towards him. The moment he raised his sword the white Warg lept from the boulder it was standing on and knocked Thorin down.

Thorin gasped for breath, the blow knocked the wind out of him. He quickly shook it off and rolled over, standing back up. He face Azog and went to deflect the Defilers blow, but he was to late.

Azog hit Thorin hard and he was thrown back to the ground. He felt the hot breath of the Warg about to close around him when something forcefully moved him out of the way. A high pitched scream brought Thorin back from his daze.

His head whirled around to see the jaws of the white Warg clamped down tight on a figure. Mivera. He shouted and began running towards them when the Warg chomped down twice more. The Warg noticed and hurled Mivera at Thorin. He caught her, but the force of her body pushed him to a large rock and he hit his head.

Mivera rolled over three times and lay still again. Thorin's head was pounding and he had fallen on a weapon, making his shoulder begin to bleed. He heard Azog come closer and laugh,"Bring me his head."

He watched as an Orc came closer, what happened next shocked Thorin. Bilbo came running from the trees, swinging his letter opener. The Orc laughed and moved to attack, but the hobbit was to quick. Bilbo ducked and stabbed the Orc in the chest multiple times. Thorin was feeling dizzy from the blood lose and fainted.

Bilbo saw and looked back at Thorin. He swung his sword out in front of him, trying to keep the orcs back, but to his dismay they all laughed. The were almost completely closed in around him when the loud noise of battle cries filled his ears.

He felt a small bit relieved when he saw the dwarves run into the fight. They all fought hard, defending their fallen king and queen. A giant flapping sound pulled Gandalf away from the fight. He smiled and jumped off the cliff, landing in the back of an eagle.

The dwarves began to panic when the Eagles arrived, but rapidly calmed down when they saw Gandalf on one. They were all picked up by the Eagles and dropped onto others flying away. Thorin and Mivera were the last two to be picked up. Azog shook with rage as he watched his prey escape.

Everyone looked down at the talons of the two eagles flying side by side, both carrying very limp bodies."Thoirn! Mivera!", Fili shouted, his voice full of worry. Everyone in the company was worried for them and was anxious to see if they were alright.

The Eagles dropped them off on a small raised ledge a ways off. Everyone crowded around in a circle as Thorin was set on the ground. Gandalf pushed his way through and held his hand over Thorin's face. Seconds later, Thorin was blinking his eyes open and looking around,"The halfling?"

Gandalf smiled,"He's alright, Bilbo is safe." Ignoring the pain Thorin gets to his feet and makes his way to Bilbo."Did I not say you would be a burden? You nearly got yourself killed! Did I not say you had no place among us?" Bilbo looked at the ground and Thorin smiled exasperated,"Never, have I been so wrong, in all my life." He embraced Bilbo and everyone cheered.

"Uncle!" Thorin turned around to see Kili holding Mivera in his arms. Thorin roughly pushed through the company and fell to his knees, taking her from Kili. He lightly brushed his fingertips on her temple and looked at her face for any sign of life.

When he found none he frantically gripped her shoulder and looked at Gandalf,"Do something!" Gandalf got to his knees and did the same thing he did to Thorin, only this time he furrowed his brow and removed his hands.

Thorin looked back at Mivera, but she did not stir. He shot a glare at Gandalf,"Will you not help her?!" Gandalf looked at him almost with pity,"She is alive Thorin, and I have done what I can. She was injured far more worse than you, I do not know when she will wake up.

Thorin's shoulders slouched, partly because he didn't know when she was going to wake up, but mostly because she was alive. He hugged her to his chest and her face fell perfectly into the crook of his neck.

He felt a soft, barely there, whisp of breath on his neck and he smiled wide and began to tear up. He buried his face in her hair and gripped her tighter as he silently sobbed, she was alive.