35

Thorin woke up with Dwalin shaking his shoulder. Dwalin jabbed his finger towards the kitchen,"Beast boy made us breakfast." Thorin smelt the biscuits and warm honey and milk. He swung his feet from the ledge and got off. He put the ring he was gripping in his hand into his breast pocket as he followed Dwalin.

He entered the room and Beorn saw him,"Oakenshield." When he said no more, Thorin took a seat. Beorn filled up his mug with milk,"Why is Azog hunting you?" Thorin looked up at him,"You know of Azog?"

Beorn nodded,"The Defiler killed most of my family, but some he enslaved. Tortured them for sport." Bilbo leaned forward,"Are there others like you?" Beorn shook his head,"There were once many." Bilbo took a bite of a biscuit,"And now?" Beorn sat down,"Now there is only one."

Gandalf changed the subject,"We must get to the mountain before Durin's day." Beorn nodded,"Your running out of time." Gandalf nodded as well,"We must go through Mirkwood." Thorin and Beorn both sneered. Beorn leaned back,"A sickness lies on that forest. I would not venture there unless in great need."

Gandalf pointed his pipe,"We can take the Elven path." Thorin stopped listening after that. He sat there in a daze before Balin nudged him,"Laddie, you've split your food into piles."

Thorin looked down at his plate and saw that Balin was right, he had indeed separated his food. Half of his plate was full of honey cakes, the other fruit tarts. Out of habit he had separated the honey cakes from the fruit tarts.

Beorns voice took his attention again,"These lands are crawling with orcs, their numbers growing and you are on foot. You won't reach the forest alive." Dwalin brushed off a white mouse from his shoulder and Beorn stood and walked over.

"I don't like dwarves, they're greedy, and blind. Blind to the lives of those they deem lesser than their own." He picked up the mouse and held it gently in his grasp. He looked at Thorin,"But I hate orcs more. What do you need?"

Gandalf began speaking with Beorn again, but Thorin was once again in a daze. He was looking down at the plate. He was remembering how Mivera would be so happy that he had separated them for her. That always confused him, how she would be happy over such a small thing. A small scuffling sound made him raise his head.

He was staring at a doorway behind Beorn. Mivera hobbled out and stepped out to where everyone could see her.

Everyone cheered and got up, hugging her gently, trying not to hurt her arm in its sling. Thorin was in complete shock. His feet began moving automatically and he found himself pushing himself through the company.

He just locked eyes with Mivera once he was in front of her. He lifted up his hand and tenderly touched her cheek. In a split second he held her face in his hands and pressed her lips to his. He didn't think during this, he was just to happy to see her.

Mivera was shocked at the kiss. But she quickly melted into him and her uninjured hand found the back of his neck, deepening the kiss. Oin shouted at them,"Oy! Save some for Erebor will ya?"

Kili began laughing hysterically, and slowly Fili joined in. Mivera and Thorin slowly pulled apart. Thorin kept his forehead pressed to hers,"Don't you ever, ever, do that again." She smirked,"Do what?" He buried his face in the crook of her neck as he hugged her tightly,"Scare me like that."

Mivera chuckled,"Thorin scared? Never!" He tightened his grip,"Of course I was scared. I watched my love fall off a cliff and I thought she was dead. Who wouldn't that scare?" Mivera stiffened,"What?" Thorin went back to holding her face,"I love you Mivera. And I was stupid for not saying it earlier."

She slammed her lips to his and he wrapped her in his arms again. She pulled away and looked up into his eyes,"I love you Thorin Oakenshield." His smile held so much relief and happiness, it even made Dwalin smile.

Balin cleared his throat,"Glad to have you back lass." Mivera smiled, not moving away from Thorin,"Thank you Balin." She looked around at the entire company,"Now, would anyone like to explain to me what exactly happened?"

Thorin helped her into the chair next to him and set a plate in front of her. He quickly placed all the fruit tarts onto her plate. She tilted her head and he shrugged,"It was out of habit." She smiled broadly and kissed his cheek. He felt his face flush and he looked down.

She took a swig of milk,"Now, how did we end up here?" Bofur smirked,"Funny story actually. After you fell, we were found by goblins and taken to their king. I'll spare you the details, but we taught those goblins a lesson. Anyway, we then were being chased by orcs and they chased us onto a cliff. Then we got stick in the trees and-" Thorin interrupted him,"And Azog had you."

She took his hand beneath the table, feeling it trembling. She nodded at Bofur to continue. He smiled,"But then we were carried of by eagles. Only the orcs followed us and began chasing us again. Gandalf told us about this house and we came to it, while being chased by bear Beorn. Fili was carrying you so Thorin could help up front, but he tripped and dropped you. Then we ended up here and yea."

She looked beside her at Fili,"You dropped me?" Fili's face reddened with embarrassment,"It was an accident." She hit him into back of the head,"It better have been!" They both began laughing, eventually everyone joined in. Thorin smiled contently at Mivera and held her hand. He was never going to let her go again.